how does the cbr compare - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

how does the cbr compare

I used to be a member on this forum a while back when I had my 02 954 but I couldnt remember my log in name for the life of me . I currently own a 03 gsxr1k and was considering selling it for a newer more comfortable bike. The gixxers riding position is rather extreme and after an hour or two my knees start hurting. I havent had the priveledge to ride or sit on a cbr1000 but was considering an 05 cbr, 05 r1 or 05 zx10. How does the cbr compare in comfort and performance to the ones listed? From reading on the net it seems the cbr is heavier and down on power compared. Does any one have any experience with an 03 gsxr1k and know how they compare? I dont want to loose any performance from my gixxer.
From reading on the r1 forum it seems they are problem plagued with the engine tick and spun rod bearings. My gixxer has been bullet proof so far and have heard nothing but good things about the zx10, its the bike EVERYONE has around here and thats my only draw back with it. That and I am not crazy about the front end.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with any of the newer bikes compared to an 03 gixxer1k?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 4:04 PM Thread Starter

Re: how does the cbr compare

32 views and no replies?
post #3 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 4:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Your GSXR isn't that old. Why do you want it gone?
The difference in performance would be negligible at best, and none of the litre sportbikes are really all that comfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 4:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
The difference in performance would be negligible at best, and none of the litre sportbikes are really all that comfortable.

Thats true. I usaully trade bikes every 6 months or so. Its about time to get something different. The only complaint I had with the 954 was the seat.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 4:14 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Get a 'busa for comfort

j/k all those bikes are not that comfy. So you need to decide the tradeoffs you are willing to make

Must obey the sheep dog
post #6 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
Further to those comments, a set of adjustable clip-ons and adjustable rearsets might be a relatively simple fix for your ergo problems. IMO, as the years go by, the full-on sportbike ergos get more and more racer-esque.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 4:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
Further to those comments, a set of adjustable clip-ons and adjustable rearsets might be a relatively simple fix for your ergo problems. IMO, as the years go by, the full-on sportbike ergos get more and more racer-esque.

I have sat on the 05/06 suzuki and the 04/05 zx10 and they were more comfortable than my 03. Its the most agressive bike I have been on. Not sure about the cbr.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 5:23 PM

I rode a cruiser a few times and it killed my back. My sportbikes feel comfortable and I can lay down during long rides. I guess it is what we are used to.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-01-2006, 5:33 PM
rb1

Which bike is best for you depends on what you like, how you ride, what size you are, etc.

Of the '06 litre bikes, I like the CBR best. It is extremely stable and plenty powerful. The tank on the '06 Suzuki is narrow, which should make it the best for short people like me, but I found the CBR to be the most comfortable. (If comfort was the single most important factor, I'd go back to a Goldwing.) The '05 CBR should have very similar ergos to the '06, just less agressive steering and slightly more weight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page