Custom Map made - 929 with 954 engine - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-02-2006, 3:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Custom Map made - 929 with 954 engine

I finally got over to Ryan Schnitz's to get the 929 with a 03 954 motor tuned. It did pretty good I think, it is super smooth and put out 138 to the ground. I also had him spray it and it put a woping 184.22 to the ground. This thing should be a handful now. Taking it to the strip tonite to see what she will do. Whatout Zukis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-02-2006, 3:32 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Re: Custom Map made - 929 with 954 engine

Good luck!

What N2O system did you go with?

Take care,
Franc
'03 954
post #3 of 7 Old 05-03-2006, 1:49 PM Thread Starter

It is a MPS Dry kit with a 1lb bottle. Fits great in the trunk and no one even knows its there, until I pass them that is. Works great and comes on real smooth, and boy does it pull. I shot it in 4th and 5th a couple times last night and pick up 2 tenths and 6 mile an hour. Cant wait till I get use to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-04-2006, 12:34 AM

What times did you end up running?

I ran a 10.97 @ 128.8 a few weeks ago with a 1.92 60' time. I've been taking off around 5k RPM while trying to get the clutch out quickly. Last run I finally went WOT in 1st gear for the first time, and the front came up around 8k. I short shifted into second and went WOT but had to let up because the front started to float again at around 8k. Thinking back, I should have just ridden it out. That run ended up being an 11.2 because of my sloppy riding. I need more seat time so I can launch harder.

My goal is very high 9s one day without extending the swingarm. I have a front strap and a PCIII with Erion slip on. I just put on the Hass HTEV eliminator but still have to load the map I got with it. I'm thinking about getting the Naarden Speedlink to lower the rear and have the bike more level at the track while keeping the ability to go back to stock height for the twisties.

To hit my goal, I'll probably have to go with nitrous at some point. When you got tuned, did you end up getting one map without spraying and one map with it?

Take care,
Franc
post #5 of 7 Old 05-04-2006, 8:01 AM Thread Starter

I ended up running 10.05 on motor. I only sprayed it in 4th and 5th gear and ended up running 9.90. Thier was a real bad head wind though. I should be able to run 9.90 on motor, and 9.50 on the spray. Custom mapping is the way to go, map is real smooth with no stumbles. I used a map off the net to, and when he ran it, it had a stumble around 2500 that droped 30 hp. I only got a map for motor, becasue I have a MPS fast fi box on mine, which turns the injectors to full rich, so the nitrous doesnt hurt it. He said I was plennty rich and could spray more, but that was the highest he recommended on a stk motor. Good luck with your racing. My 60 are 1.63 and I weigh 225 without gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc01
What times did you end up running?

I ran a 10.97 @ 128.8 a few weeks ago with a 1.92 60' time. I've been taking off around 5k RPM while trying to get the clutch out quickly. Last run I finally went WOT in 1st gear for the first time, and the front came up around 8k. I short shifted into second and went WOT but had to let up because the front started to float again at around 8k. Thinking back, I should have just ridden it out. That run ended up being an 11.2 because of my sloppy riding. I need more seat time so I can launch harder.

My goal is very high 9s one day without extending the swingarm. I have a front strap and a PCIII with Erion slip on. I just put on the Hass HTEV eliminator but still have to load the map I got with it. I'm thinking about getting the Naarden Speedlink to lower the rear and have the bike more level at the track while keeping the ability to go back to stock height for the twisties.

To hit my goal, I'll probably have to go with nitrous at some point. When you got tuned, did you end up getting one map without spraying and one map with it?

Take care,
Franc
post #6 of 7 Old 05-04-2006, 9:32 AM

I may have missed this earlier, but what other mods do you have done to the bike?

Did Schnitz wire up the MPS controller? If I were to go with nitrous, that sounds like the way to go.

Thanks again,
Franc
post #7 of 7 Old 05-04-2006, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

No I wired everything myself. I am streched 6inches, airshifter, lowered, but other than that it is stk. Wiring is pretty easy if you follow the diagrams. Wasnt to bad, the soldering took the longest.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page