Sputter - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2006, 2:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Sputter

Well, it's about time I get a simple problem that eludes me. It has to be simple, it's in the fuel system. That and the fact that it's a Carbed 900RR

Cruising along at about 5000 RPM in 6th gear the bike runs great. I would like to say perfect. However, if I get off the throttle and then get right back on it the bike seems to me as if it's loading up. It spits and sputters for a split second and then comes right back to life.
If I take off and run through the gears I never see a single hiccup. Once the bike is back to cruising speed though I'm enduring the same small problem.

I've already been through the usual run-down. The entire electrical system is good and charging properly.
All of the filters are clean. And just for the heck of it I cleaned the Air Filter while it was out of the bike.
The Air-Box is secure and sealed off.
All of the plugs look good as well. (I'm assuming that whatever is causing the stuttering cleans out and takes the evidence with it in regards to trying to read the plugs.)

OH yea, the bike just started this.

I need suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-04-2006, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: Sputter

Did you just fill up recently?
Could be as simple as a bad batch of gas.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-04-2006, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Sputter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
Did you just fill up recently?
Could be as simple as a bad batch of gas.
That's my hope. I did make a trip to a different fuel station than usual.

I just got back from taking a ride to try and dump all of the old fuel. No reason to pull the tank again when I can have a little fun draining the fuel.

The bike still offers me the same response as before, but from a dead stop, leaving hard in first gear it will still loft the front wheel. After all of that settles it will pull hard in second as well.

Running normally down the road however the bike refuses to offer a clean roll on acceleration. It chokes and sputters then cleans itself right back out. So far it only does this in 6th gear at about 4500 and 5000 RPM.

By the way Squid Patrol, I did not run wide open on the Public Roads. I have an old abandon air strip a few miles from my house that I have permission to test at. The great thing, I'm the only one allowed for safety reasons. Life is good. My own personal playground.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page