Rear Shock removal... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-25-2006, 6:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Rear Shock removal...

Just sent off my forks, `01 929, to Dan Kyle. Have an Ohlins rear coming as well. Have rear off the ground withour stand. The rear shock removal looks straight foreward, take off lower plastic, shock comes out the bottom. Is that correct? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-25-2006, 7:36 PM

Re: Rear Shock removal...

What you see is what you get. I don't remember anything unusual about doing this change.

I bet you get your shock from DK before me. I'm waiting for the HRC/'06 link but it's on back order from Honda.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-25-2006, 7:48 PM

Reputation Power: 16

It will pay to have someone around to help you raise and lower the rear wheel as you try to wriggle the rear shock out between the swingarm and rear of the engine. Other than that, its a piece of cake - just lay everything out in an orderly fashion as you take it apart so you know which way around everything goes (not that its hard, it just makes it a bit easier).

Also, while you've got the shock and linkage out of the way, take the opportunity to check and lube all the bearings - and when you put it all back together, put a smear of grease on the inside edges of the linkages etc.

Cheers, Spanky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-25-2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLJ10X
Just sent off my forks, `01 929, to Dan Kyle. Have an Ohlins rear coming as well. Have rear off the ground withour stand. The rear shock removal looks straight foreward, take off lower plastic, shock comes out the bottom. Is that correct? Thanks.
I just sent DK an e-mail for pricing on the same bike and equipment. mind if i ask the amount for both?
post #5 of 7 Old 06-26-2006, 8:21 AM Thread Starter

If I remember correctly.... $975 for the rear shock. $450 for the front fork rebuild. I told him to go ahead and replace the seals if he thought they needed it. So I assume that'll be another $110 or so. Since I have everything apart, I'm going to go ahead with stainless brake lines also. I can tell you this evening how much UPS charges are.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-26-2006, 8:30 PM Thread Starter

UPS was $26 one way from Indiana.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-03-2006, 2:38 AM

Just did the same swap, putting an ohlins on my 954, the oem shock came out underneath, but it was fairly tight. The ohlins is a bigger/wider piece of kit but it did slip in like a dream from the top which made me feel better not having to scratch the crap out of my blingy new toy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page