Cagers strike again!!!!!!! (looooong) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-02-2006, 1:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Cagers strike again!!!!!!! (looooong)

So I working on my 954 at a buddy's house tonight. We were polishing out my rims and I need some more sand paper. So my buddy tells me, "Take my bike (2005 600RR) to Wal-Mart and get some." I was like O.K., cause I haven't ridden it since he had it fixed from when he got rear ended by a Buick.

I go to Wal-Mart, which is about a mile down the road. Well, I'm on my way back and am slowing down to turn into his driveway. I have my turn signal on and am flashing my tail light so the idiot behind me gets the point that I'm turning. I check my mirrors and it appears that he is slowing down, so I look up to check traffic so I can turn left. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed his headlights shift to the right quickly. As soon as I look back into the mirror I hear a screech and then he slams into me. The front of the bike lifts up and by the grace of God I was able to bring it down and stay on it. Of course the engine shut off, so I coasted to the side of the road. Needless to say I was a little more than PO'd. I get off the bike ready to kill this nut. I started yelling a few choice words before he even gets out of the car. When he does get out, he can tell I'm mad, so he gets out with his hands up saying he's sorry.

By this time, my buddy,who was still in his house, had heard the whole thing and comes outside to see what was going on. He comes across the street to calm me down. The cops get called and are on the seen.

This is my favorite part of the whole story. The guy has no insurance and has an expired driver's license. So he gets two tickets and gets to drive home. Isn't that just great. I feel terrible about the whole deal, by my buddy says he doesn't care, that the bike will get fixed. He's just glad I wasn't hurt. Thats cool and everything, but I still don't feel any better. I just can't believe this actually happened. The only damage to the bike is the exhaust can and mid pipe, the right passenger peg, the subframe and the right side of the tail is scratched.

Well enough of my rant. Just remember be safe and watch out for the crazy people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-02-2006, 2:43 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Re: Cagers strike again!!!!!!! (looooong)

gotta love the law when an uninsured, unlicensed, and at fault for an a accident gets to go home afterwards.....
post #3 of 7 Old 07-02-2006, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea954rr
gotta love the law when an uninsured, unlicensed, and at fault for an a accident gets to go home afterwards.....
+1 no license should have been an automatic impound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-02-2006, 3:11 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via MSN to Repeater

been there had that **** happen to me. nothing really happens to them. especially if they are not legal here in the us. they just get off. thats why you need the under insured and what ever. the guy should have had his car impounded. how can he be allowed to drive away when he has none of the requiered stuff?

good to hear your ok. you have a good friend too!

Aliens general, everything about them is alien!
post #5 of 7 Old 07-02-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea954rr
Only in AMERICA and ONLY other people.

My luck they would of cuffed me and hauled me downtown.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-02-2006, 2:52 PM

Reputation Power: 14

exactly.......
post #7 of 7 Old 07-02-2006, 9:55 PM

That guy should have been jailed. You should have pressed charges to make a point and then he would have had the car impounded as well as himself.

Morons

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page