Join Date: 10-24-2005
Location: Tottenham, Ontario
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
Re: Fuel pump issue?
Ok I've got the whole thing apart and have done the following:
- Cleaned out tank (had some small crap in it)
- Removed fuel pump and blew out all lines & filter... All were clear.
- Reassembled pump & put back on tank
I want to test the fuel pump and see if it makes the same sound before reassembling the bike and have read alot about just jumping the wires to the battery and see if it pumps, but want to be sure I do it right. Can someone confirm?
- Put a little gas in tank
- Put banjo bolt back into pump outlet (no hose attached, can't get it undone "safely" from fuel rail)
- Place tank on bucket, submerge return line in clean gas
- Connect 12V + to brown wire (there are two, one with black stripe, one without... Which one or both?)
- Connect 12V - to green wire
After this the outlet (banjo bolt) should start spitting gas, and the return line should suck up some gas, right?