Brake pad wear - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-10-2003, 7:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Brake pad wear

I have a set of EBC HH pads on my F3 track bike (F2 front end) and they stop like crazy but they squeal like a mad banshee. I took the pads out to clean them with brake cleaner and noticed that there is a strip on the outside edge of the pads that is not wearing down. In other words, the entire brake pad is not in contact with the rotor. I have never changed brake pads before and did not know if this was normal or not. It seems a good reason for the brakes to be squealing... Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-10-2003, 9:06 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to BushrodW

Quote:
TraumaOne : I have a set of EBC HH pads on my F3 track bike (F2 front end) and they stop like crazy but they squeal like a mad banshee. *I took the pads out to clean them with brake cleaner and noticed that there is a strip on the outside edge of the pads that is not wearing down. *In other words, the entire brake pad is not in contact with the rotor. *I have never changed brake pads before and did not know if this was normal or not. *It seems a good reason for the brakes to be squealing... *Thanks for any advice.
This doesn't sound entirely normal to my wee mind.
Are your front rotors F3 or F2 rotors?
Are your brake pads F3 or F2 pads?

BW

www.AirAmericaRadio.com
post #3 of 7 Old 09-10-2003, 10:31 PM

Yeah, thats not right I don't think... In all the pads I've had on my 929 and my RC51, there was actually rotor left over and no pad untouched...

LIke mentioned above, I think that maybe you have F3 pads on your F2 frontend??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-11-2003, 7:25 AM Thread Starter

The rotors and calipers are F2. I don't know about the pads, they were on there when I bought the bike. I have aset of F2 brakes I got of Ebay coming, so I can try those pads and see how they fit... I think they probably are F3 pads. It just seems weird that they fit at all... *THat would explain the squealing.

Thanks.

post #5 of 7 Old 09-11-2003, 6:04 PM Thread Starter

Okay this is interesting... Got the F2 front brakes I bought on Ebay and compared them to the ones on the bike... The brakes currently installed are F3 brakes on an F2 wheel/rotors... no wonder they don't fit quite right. I will switch them out and I bet the squeeling goes away. I wonder if I could put an F3 wheel on there with the F3 brakes... seems like the F2 and F3 fork bodies must have the same brake mounting spots?
post #6 of 7 Old 09-11-2003, 10:28 PM

Ummm,

This is a fireblade site, not a fricken' 600 site!

Dunno man, I don't know what was changed from F2 - F3... Someone else here had a f2 or an f3 trackbike, maybe someone will chime in...
post #7 of 7 Old 09-12-2003, 7:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
ccwilli3 : Ummm,

This is a fireblade site, not a fricken' 600 site! *

Dunno man, I don't know what was changed from F2 - F3... *Someone else here had a f2 or an f3 trackbike, maybe someone will chime in...

yeah, but I can't find a good F3 site. All they want to talk about is the new ####.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page