akro  or Arata - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 09-10-2003, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: akro  or Arata

I want to put a full system on my 954, looking at either a Akcropovic or an Arata any comments on thes pipes??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-10-2003, 12:26 AM

I only wish I could afford either! From what I've read on this forum, either one is an excellent choice. I know this is not the answer you're looking for, but someone will chime in with more relevant data. Whatever, welcome to the site! (looks like you've been here for awhile, but haven't posted much).
post #3 of 19 Old 09-10-2003, 7:59 AM

I don't think you can go wrong w/ either. FWIW, w/ the exception of the Erion Racing team, Honda uses Akrapovic. They just put the Jardine logos on there as they are a sponsor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 09-10-2003, 5:58 PM

Reputation Power: 23

have you considered a hindle? best bang for the buck and nhfirefighter13 will give you a good price and great service.

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #5 of 19 Old 09-10-2003, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

I agree Hindle does give you the best bang for the buck, but there not my first choice, As i dont want to run the same thing as most people do, i want something differnt that works well also.
post #6 of 19 Old 09-10-2003, 11:17 PM

Get the arata if you want to drop the coin, otherwise, get the hindle!
post #7 of 19 Old 09-10-2003, 11:18 PM

Several of us have an Arata system. No problems or issues reported, as far as I recall. The system isn't cheap, though. Dan Kyle is the 'go to' guy for the Arata.

Dunno anything about the Akro...most full systems used by folks here here are mostly Hindle and Arata, I seem to recall. Basically, personal preference and $$ you want to spend are what it all boils down to.

Good luck in your search.
post #8 of 19 Old 09-11-2003, 7:09 AM

Reputation Power: 31

I don't know anything about Akropovic or Hindle, but I have an Arata and it is an absolutely beautiful system. The welds are smooth and clean. Fit and finish second to none. It bolted right on..no fussing, cursing, or bending/tweeking was necessary. I don't see many of them (although with all of us saying how great they are, that may change&#33. It sounds really good, too. It's got a lower tone to it. Not obnoxious at all.
post #9 of 19 Old 09-11-2003, 8:41 AM

Akro runs like sh!t on the honda. I personally feel they are not doing the same leel of R+D as they use to and don't offer the same level of exhaust they did. Still very nice looking but way expensive for what your getting.

Arata all the way, or hindle for less$$$$...
post #10 of 19 Old 09-11-2003, 5:04 PM

Reputation Power: 17

My buddy got the Akro and I got the Arata. Arata is actually a little bit cheaper (at least where I got it from). Bottom line, the Arata with the Kyle map rocks. Build quality-Arata hands down is the bomb. Biggest difference is the sound. Akro is quieter both at low/mid and high rpm. Arata is very throaty at low/mid and wails on the high end
Sugoi8
post #11 of 19 Old 09-12-2003, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all for your input, I belive I made my mind up and I think It'll be off with the Ackro Bolt on then on with the...... ARATA un less my deal goes bad, Most guys around here run Hindle or Ackropovic and I need something differnt, and besides I have to double check my deal for a price from another hook up but I'll probly be getting It for my birthday,,,, hey I have to buy myself somthing right... ? Last year I bought the bike for my Birhtday. if it works out Ill post pictures, thanks again
post #12 of 19 Old 10-04-2003, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

I got my new ARATA in #### looks nice looks like nice stuff
just have to fiish the reovatinons in the garage and I'll be good to go to install it.....
post #13 of 19 Old 10-04-2003, 12:59 PM

I have a full Ti Arrow system on mine, and it works excellent. Haven't sen anyone else running one of these. Quieter than the Arata by a good bit, and on par with Akro in the sound department.

I haven't done any dyno runs with it yet, but it is noticeably stronger throughout the powerband and that annoying hitch around 3k rpm is finally gone, along with a nice smooth run to redline. That may be also be due the removal of the airbox flapper and HTEV, though. I previously ran a Moriwaki half system, and it dynoed (with a custom map) at 134.6 h.p. on a tuning link dynjoet model 250 dyno.

No custom map installed, either. The map Dynojet has on their site for an Arrow equipped 929 seems to work really well, going by my seat-of-the-pants and wrist sensors feedback.
post #14 of 19 Old 10-05-2003, 10:12 PM

Reputation Power: 18

may want to consider the Micron Serpent. It makes hella power on the 929/954 and is a little cheaper than the Arata and Akra. I cant see another system being better quality since the welds on the Micron are perfect like a robot did them and their canisters are light years better than any of the riveted cans.
post #15 of 19 Old 10-08-2003, 1:34 AM Thread Starter

The Arrow and the Micron serpent look killer, but I have mt new Arata here in the box but I cant put it on right now I've got the garage ripped apart so soon itll be off with the Ackro bolt on and on with the Sweet Arata.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page