954 would barely start this morning - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-21-2006, 6:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

954 would barely start this morning

So Im off to work, go to start my bike and it just keeps trying to start. I said, "Ok I must still be asleep" Try to start it again and it wont start. Starter sounds like normal but doesnt start up. After about 30sec on and off the starter on and off the gas it starts up, idles normal. I take off for work and everything seems fine. Has anyone had this problem? I just put a new air filter on yesterday but right after that I started it, let it run 15 seconds then shut her off. Then this morning happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-21-2006, 6:44 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: 954 would barely start this morning

You're not riding enough. That was a warning from your bike.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-21-2006, 6:52 PM Thread Starter

sheeit. Ive put 8k miles on the bike since I got it in mid April.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 AM

Reputation Power: 19

How many milesare on the bike? when was the last tune up?

If you like to talk **** be sure you have the ass to back it up !! If not SHUT THE FU*K UP !!!!
post #5 of 7 Old 08-22-2006, 12:02 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITEITUP View Post
So Im off to work, go to start my bike and it just keeps trying to start. I said, "Ok I must still be asleep" Try to start it again and it wont start. Starter sounds like normal but doesnt start up. After about 30sec on and off the starter on and off the gas it starts up, idles normal. I take off for work and everything seems fine. Has anyone had this problem? I just put a new air filter on yesterday but right after that I started it, let it run 15 seconds then shut her off. Then this morning happened.
How old is your battery? I noticed that when my battery started to get old, the bike would crank fairly vigerously but refuse to start.......like the computer was saying...."Hey, there's enough to crank the motor but my programming tells me that I need "x" amount of amps before I send a spark to the plugs, so I'm not going to start". A night of trickle charge would work for a while, but a new battery was the real answer and then the problems went away. I have also seen on this forum tales of people buying new batteries which only lasted 9 months or a year before failing........probably due to "old stock" when bought. So my suggestion if you know your battery is fairly old, a new one may solve your problem?
post #6 of 7 Old 08-22-2006, 2:33 PM Thread Starter

Well theres now 12k mi on the bike. All I have done is change the oil regularly and just changed the air filter, the previous owner just changed oil seeing it only had 4900mi. Everything else is original. The battery has been in there since new so that may be it but it hasnt given any known problems. I havent changed the plugs cause they recommend every like 32k but I was going to go ahead and change those at around 20k.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-22-2006, 2:46 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITEITUP View Post
Well theres now 12k mi on the bike. All I have done is change the oil regularly and just changed the air filter, the previous owner just changed oil seeing it only had 4900mi. Everything else is original. The battery has been in there since new so that may be it but it hasnt given any known problems. I havent changed the plugs cause they recommend every like 32k but I was going to go ahead and change those at around 20k.
My 954 was a 2002. The original battery lasted about 3 years.....around 6,000 miles. The second battery was just starting to show signs of needing to be replaced in 2006.........at 9,000 miles. Admittedly the bike sat in the garage for a lot of the time, it wasn't a daily driver, but I think it is asking a lot of a battery that size to expect it to last more than 3 years......and if ithe bike sits a lot then 2 years may be the extent of its life.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page