954 instrument panel - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 9:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 instrument panel

Hi guys,
I'm new here and need some help. My 954 didn't come with the owners manual when I bought it, so I need to know what all the functions on the instrument panel are and how to use them.
I stumbled across a mileage readout on the weekend and I can't get it back up...
Any help would be great.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 10:49 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Re: 954 instrument panel

this may sound like a really lame reply, but being someone in the same boat of no manual, it will get you going. first off, forget setting the clock. i have been givin specific instructions, and it seems like some can be set and some not. after numerous attempts, i wear a watch. other than that, play with the buttons and you will figure out how to re-set the tripometer, and you can jog between mph/kph. other than that i haven't seen the need for anything else. have fun and be safe, the bike's a monster.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 11:30 PM
N23

Reputation Power: 15

Hold both buttons simultaneously down and the clock will start blinking... then it's one of the buttons to change the number up, and the other to switch to minutes. To swtich between A and B tripmeters, press the first button and the tripmeter will alternate between the two. To toggle between miles and kilometers, press the second button for a moment and it will toggle between the two. Off ya go... and that was off the top of my head sitting at panera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-23-2006, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys,
I had figured out most of the basics just through trial and error, but I can't seem to get that mileage readout back up. I'm in Australia, so the readout I'm talking about is the km/l readout in the bottom left of the panel.
Thanks again.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-24-2006, 1:22 AM
N23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisJnr View Post
Thanks guys,
I had figured out most of the basics just through trial and error, but I can't seem to get that mileage readout back up. I'm in Australia, so the readout I'm talking about is the km/l readout in the bottom left of the panel.
Thanks again.
Are you trying to go back and forth between Km and mph? Press the second button for a moment. It'll toggle between the two.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-24-2006, 1:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N23 View Post
Are you trying to go back and forth between Km and mph? Press the second button for a moment. It'll toggle between the two.
No, I just want to be able to see the km/l reading in the bottom left corner. I saw it flash up briefly when I reset the trip meter, but I can't get it back up now - it's just blank.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-24-2006, 1:40 AM
N23

Quote:
No, I just want to be able to see the km/l reading in the bottom left corner. I saw it flash up briefly when I reset the trip meter, but I can't get it back up now - it's just blank.
ah.. that must be something that you guys have down there. There's nothing on our speedometers in that location here in the US.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-24-2006, 1:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N23 View Post
ah.. that must be something that you guys have down there. There's nothing on our speedometers in that location here in the US.
Thanks N23.
I'll have another crack at it later and see if I can stumble across it again.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks N23.
I'll have another crack at it later and see if I can stumble across it again.
Try pressing the left button for a second. The mileage meter should turn up. It does on European models.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page