Quick ride to the Golden Gate - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 2:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Quick ride to the Golden Gate

Good ride. *It was actually warm down in the bay. *We rode through Napa and then cut over to the coast, working our way down to S.F. *All in all, about a 250 mile ride.

A cool old ship in the bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 2:50 AM Thread Starter

It's funny. I've never been to this fort on the North side of the Golden Gate before...

post #3 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 3:09 AM

Nice photos eek. I haven't done a Napa trip or crossed the Golden Gate yet on my blade, I always head east to Mosquito Ridge. I should take a digital camera to Mosquito Ridge next time and post them like you did for the golden gate, it's breathtaking up there. There's a huge canyon, sheer cliff walls, all twisties, no straights, it's my favorite road. I ride it on weekdays to avoid the po po. Have you been there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 8:13 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Nice pics! I seen on the discovery channel how the bridge was built, way cool!

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."
post #5 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mosquito Ridge Road...

Once or twice

I've got more than a few MRR stories, including snow near the dam and getting passed by Mike on the shoulder on a Honda 305...
post #6 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 11:33 AM

Nice pictures, I always enjoy seeing the different scenery pictures from the member's rides. Very Nice!
post #7 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 3:25 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:
eeeeek : Mosquito Ridge Road...

Once or twice *

I've got more than a few MRR stories, including snow near the dam and getting passed by Mike on the shoulder on a Honda 305...
Mosquito Ridge Road

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
post #8 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 3:44 PM

Great pics!
I have yet to ride Mosquito Ridge Rd.
I hear it's not to be missed!!
post #9 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 4:02 PM

I actually prefer this road now. Brand spankin new pavement, first (and probably last) public road I have ever put my knee down on. Nothing out there but trees. Not to be missed.

Wentworth Springs Rd

-Shrub

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
post #10 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 4:09 PM

Quote:
WetShrub : I actually prefer this road now. *Brand spankin new pavement, first (and probably last) public road I have ever put my knee down on. *Nothing out there but trees. *Not to be missed.

-Shrub

post #11 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 4:11 PM

Shrub, I remember your first thread on this. It made me very angry that some jerkoff cop is out there messin' up my favorite ride. While he's hiding in the bushes waiting to bust riders for 3mph over, like he's Roscoe P Coaltrain, people are in need of help on the freeways. Hopefully he'll try this bullshit with the wrong person and get thrown over the cliff or shot with his own gun, or some other fitting punishment. He's giving all the hard working cops out there a bad name.
post #12 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 4:25 PM

Well, I wouldn't want to wish bad things on anyone, even that guy. My only gripe was that he gave us a ticket when one was not required and he kept us from riding on that road all summer. I haven't been back there since the ticket. I have been thinking about going up there again soon though since the summer weather is almost gone. Perhaps the first cold weekend I will head up there. For now it's Wentworth Springs for me. That road is amazing! For the sections that are repaved they are better than Skaggs Springs Rd in Healdsburg. Totally cool road. We usually head out in the early mornings before anyone else gets out there and make a pass through the really twisty parts at a slow pace and then go back and forth a few times. Then head home.

-Shrub

post #13 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 5:10 PM

I rode Mosquito Ridge monday the 8th, the only po po I saw was on forest hill rd. Once I got to MR, it was CHP free! I definately wasn't burning up the road due to your horror story, but I wasn't slowing down much for corner's. It's nearly impossible to do the speed limit, 40mph is a joke. I wonder if officer dickhead is still out there, or if the funding ran out now that summer is officially over? I already have 2 speeding tickets on my record from commuting on bus 80(55mph). Can't afford another one, but can't stay away from the best road I've ever seen. Sounds like it would be pretty hard to outrun the cop there, not only is he a skilled driver, but where would one go? Especially if they had an airplane on you!

Does anyone know if Mosquito Ridge is still on crackdown status? From reading the chp stories on Pashnit.com, sounds like all the heat was at the beginning of summer.
post #14 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 6:31 PM Thread Starter

Wentworth Springs is a great road. I have a little loop that I hit now and then that gives me a little of everything.

I hit Glen and Marlene's in Plymouth for breakfast, then take E16 to Sly Park. Blast on 50 for a couple of miles to Icehouse and Jam up Icehouse (everyone else is going the other way) all the way to Wentworth and then Wentwroth to Georgetown. Left on 193 down to Placerville and then head home. Great little loop.
post #15 of 18 Old 09-12-2003, 6:41 PM

Reputation Power: 18

I think we need to get a bay area group together to go check out some of these roads. It's a pretty long ride to the sierra from the bay but with some other folks along for the ride it might be fun.

Another great site to visit.

Throw off those chains of reason and your prison disappears...Peart

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page