playing W/PCIII help - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-29-2006, 2:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

playing W/PCIII help

I bought it new last year & loaded the Erion bolt on map cause I have the Akra. I bought a lap top soon after but haven't tried to make any adjustments No Dyno shops near by. Was wondering if I could get any input to checking out the settings W/out Fukk'n up the performance. The bike runs fine, idle isn't completely smooth unless that's normal Thanks

Go Bruins, Game on eh Next Year AGAIN. JJ BITES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-29-2006, 3:42 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Re: playing W/PCIII help

Just load the Dynojet software on your laptop, plug the PC into your laptop. The current map data will come up on the screen. Look at the notes section on the bottom to see what map is loaded. You need the ignition switch on, or the 9v battery adapter plugged into the PC as well for it to work. Good luck.

post #3 of 3 Old 08-29-2006, 6:39 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Re: playing W/PCIII help

Hmmm...I'm in the same situation as you - no dyno close by, so I've looked good and hard at trying to 'fine tune' my Dynojet map based on my seat of the pants dyno.

I've got a Viper race can on my 954 (Euro) and started out with the Akra map (M110-515), but that seemed a bit rich (fluffy down low on light throttle settings and higher than expected fuel consumption across the borad) so did a bit of research on the internet checking out the various slip-ons that Dynojet did have maps for until I found one that looked like a similar build to my Viper. Once I'd narrowed it down to a couple of options I spent the afternoon using the map compare tool that Dynojet supplies to work out which of the maps would achieve what I thought I needed to do - which was lean the mixture out across the board, but especially down low (below 3500 rpm) and at light throttle settings (2% and 5%), without reducing the mix too much up high (for power - which always seemed fine when using the Akra map)...took a while but I eventually settled on the Blueflame map (M110-503) which looked to be pretty close to what I was looking for - it's still a bit rich down low, but fuel economy is better and power delivery still feels very strong.

Bottom line, if there was a dyno handy, and I had $300 to spare, I'd have the bike dyno tuned...I've got a fair idea of what I'm doing, but to get it right you can't beat using the proper equipment .

Cheers, Spanky.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page