929 compared to others - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-13-2006, 2:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

929 compared to others

hmm... the last post got me thinking.

I never been on a 954 or 1000rr can you feel a big power difference for the 929?

From my experience when riding my other bikes or friends bikes in comparison to the 929 (I'm narrowing to sport bikes only):

05 R1; felt less torquey below 5000rpm but had more power up top, less comfortable

01 R1; slightly more power up top, good low end too. Less comfy and more vibration. Windscreen sucked on highway.

01 Hayabusa; a little more torque down low but not much and more power uptop, handled surprisingly well, very comfy. I liked it.

99 Superhawk; cow, felt less torquey and way less horsepower. Power felt consistent throughout the RPM range, you don't feel the power come on as the RPMs climb. Sounds awesome with yosh pipes.

02 GSXR 600 (track bike); way less torque, surprisingly powerful uptop but narrow power band needs to be shifted alot. Plenty of power for the track which is all I use it for.

03 ZX6R (drag strip bike); Rear sprocket was too big for my taste. Lacked low end for street use.

01 SV650; light, but lacks HP has enough torque to be fun, good 1st bike.

95 FZR 600; turd, slow reving, poor handling.

02 ZX12R; awesome, handles great, lots of torque good power, I would trade my 929 for this if I could find one that looked good. I don't like the looks of most of them. The graphics and paint suck. I don't like the 929 either but I have the euro fireblade version in yellow/navy looks good.

In comparison to the other bikes besides the zx12 and busa the 929 had a more usable power band. It has more torque in the lower RPMs where you would use it down low.

I was wondering if the 954 1000RR were like this or if the sacrificed low end to make more power up top like the R1.

"and when I gun the engine I want it to sound like the world is coming to an end" -Homer Simpson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-14-2006, 11:13 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: 929 compared to others

Thanks for posting your riding impressions! I am constantly wondering what other bikes are like compared to what I have ridden. Not always easy to find out since test rides are not generally allowed on most makes, like they were in my youth (maybe one reason test rides are more limited now.. ).
I have ridden a 2006 CBR1000RR, and I would say the power delivery is very similar to my 929, only plus about 25%! At least by the official "seat o' pants" meter!
So, you like the zx12r? I have been thinking about the possibility of getting one. How do you think it would fare on the occasional track day?

Conquer yourself rather than the world.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-14-2006, 1:05 PM

Reputation Power: 14

the 954 is very torquey. I haven't ridden a 929 but from the write-ups that I have seen for the 954- it is a noticable difference in the low end and mid-range(better than 929), but about the same up top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-16-2006, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 17

leelover;
In regards to the 12R it would do fine for occasional trackdays but I would use it mostly for street use if I had one. I do know someone who does trackdays on a 12R on occasion and he said it works fine for him. If you were going to get really serios about trackdays I would consider a different bike but if you were looking for a mostly street bike thats comfortable yet still very sporty then the 12R is a good choice.

"and when I gun the engine I want it to sound like the world is coming to an end" -Homer Simpson
post #5 of 9 Old 10-16-2006, 5:39 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfmotorcycle1 View Post
leelover;
In regards to the 12R it would do fine for occasional trackdays but I would use it mostly for street use if I had one. I do know someone who does trackdays on a 12R on occasion and he said it works fine for him. If you were going to get really serios about trackdays I would consider a different bike but if you were looking for a mostly street bike thats comfortable yet still very sporty then the 12R is a good choice.
Thanks! I am always checking out all bike options, need to justify my desire for multiple bikes!

Conquer yourself rather than the world.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-17-2006, 1:42 AM

I love my 929. Seats a little hard but other than that it is a good performer and lots of torque. It feels bulky compare to alot of new bikes that only way 350lbs like a zx-10r or a R1 but wouldnt trade it. I like the 05 R1 just a little to leaned forward for a long ride. I hear that the 929s are real comparible to a 954 with a -1+2 sprocket combo. My 929 makes 132RWHP stock with a Micron bolt on. And would bet with a full exhaust and PCIII it would make all the Ponies a 954 would make.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-20-2006, 9:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to maxgee Send a message via MSN to maxgee

My buddy has a 954 I've ridden hard a few times...I have a 929 with -1+2 sprocket and I pull on him and my bike feels strong as his with the sprocket change. Remember all things relative, if he does what I did, than he would be pulling on me. The newer bikes are all faster and look a little more sleek, but a 929 taken care of with some slight modification is still a very viable fun bike to own.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-21-2006, 5:04 PM
dez

Reputation Power: 0

for me having 929 for a couples of years, its better than my ex-CBR900 '97, for comparision 954 just a little bit more torque as I've test ride. Anyway, there should be more slightly an advantage for the new models..
just my 2 cents
post #9 of 9 Old 10-21-2006, 7:11 PM

Reputation Power: 0

the new 1000rr turns in smoother than the 929 but not by much and the 954 is just to wheelie happy to ride comfortable without worrying about 12 o'clocking it everytime you hammer it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page