Hi all! CBR929RRY/RR1 HISS ECM wont start
Firstly hello to everyone, I have read some posts on here before which have been helpful but until now I had not logged on as a member.
I would be grateful for any advice on how to resolve my problem.
Firstly I am based in Essex, near London in the United Kingdom and the UK CBR929 2000 2001 model as with the European model was fitted with the Honda Immobiliser Security System (HISS) which meant that if you bought a bike (salveage as I did) without keys then you had to replace the key,ECU,sender unit,tank lock, tail lock not an option as Honda at the time quoted £1000 and even now is still £700 new and £475 from a breaker!
I knew that the US model did not use HISS and thus bought on Ebay a US ECU with wiring loom (unfortunately it did not include the igintion switch).
Not wishing to change the whole loom, and before plugging the US ECU into the UK loom, I took notice of the differences in the UK and US wiring for the black and grey ECU connectors and
1) disconnected the white with red stripe that goes to the tacho in UK and German (but not there in US)
2) disconnected the orange with blue stripe that goes to the injector 2 for German and UK (but not there in US)
3) no need to disconnect the black with green stripe that goes to sensor 4 as is the German only so not in UK nor US.
4) no need to replace Orange with white stripe as only German going to sensor nothing there for UK nor US
5) I MOVED the Pink wiring from the third conector (UK and German) to the fourth connector as with the US loom to match the US ECM/ECU. This goes to the immobiliser on the UK spec bike so I disconnected the immobilser and using this pink wire routed it to the ignition switch as with the US wiring loom.
I have tried each connection (bar the red or red with black stripe) in the ignition switch to use as the feed for the ECM (having taken off the plastic cover) Trouble is it still does not start!! It turns over but no attempt at firing it. I had previously just plugged the US ECM into a German import bike similar wiring to UK with HISS) and that did not work though at least seemed to want to fire, now not even that.
There is also nothing wrong with the rest of the engine as it ran when I swapped the HISS system from a GERMAN HISS bike which had keys but now I have had to put it back on that one.
Is there a way that I can check that the US ECM at least works.
Has my disconnections caused problems in rest of loom? From checking the UK wiring diagram, disconnecting the White with red stripe that goes to clocks and the Orange with Blue stripe to injector 2 is not needed in US loom, have other connections using these coloured wires lost their power feed now?
I would be grateful for any suggestions, particularly from those that have managed to bypass the HISS system.
Thanks and best regards.