Hi all! CBR929RRY/RR1 HISS ECM wont start - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 Old 10-14-2006, 8:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hi all! CBR929RRY/RR1 HISS ECM wont start

Firstly hello to everyone, I have read some posts on here before which have been helpful but until now I had not logged on as a member.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to resolve my problem.

Firstly I am based in Essex, near London in the United Kingdom and the UK CBR929 2000 2001 model as with the European model was fitted with the Honda Immobiliser Security System (HISS) which meant that if you bought a bike (salveage as I did) without keys then you had to replace the key,ECU,sender unit,tank lock, tail lock not an option as Honda at the time quoted 1000 and even now is still 700 new and 475 from a breaker!

I knew that the US model did not use HISS and thus bought on Ebay a US ECU with wiring loom (unfortunately it did not include the igintion switch).

Not wishing to change the whole loom, and before plugging the US ECU into the UK loom, I took notice of the differences in the UK and US wiring for the black and grey ECU connectors and

Black connector
1) disconnected the white with red stripe that goes to the tacho in UK and German (but not there in US)
2) disconnected the orange with blue stripe that goes to the injector 2 for German and UK (but not there in US)
3) no need to disconnect the black with green stripe that goes to sensor 4 as is the German only so not in UK nor US.

Grey Connector
4) no need to replace Orange with white stripe as only German going to sensor nothing there for UK nor US
5) I MOVED the Pink wiring from the third conector (UK and German) to the fourth connector as with the US loom to match the US ECM/ECU. This goes to the immobiliser on the UK spec bike so I disconnected the immobilser and using this pink wire routed it to the ignition switch as with the US wiring loom.

I have tried each connection (bar the red or red with black stripe) in the ignition switch to use as the feed for the ECM (having taken off the plastic cover) Trouble is it still does not start!! It turns over but no attempt at firing it. I had previously just plugged the US ECM into a German import bike similar wiring to UK with HISS) and that did not work though at least seemed to want to fire, now not even that.

There is also nothing wrong with the rest of the engine as it ran when I swapped the HISS system from a GERMAN HISS bike which had keys but now I have had to put it back on that one.

Is there a way that I can check that the US ECM at least works.
Has my disconnections caused problems in rest of loom? From checking the UK wiring diagram, disconnecting the White with red stripe that goes to clocks and the Orange with Blue stripe to injector 2 is not needed in US loom, have other connections using these coloured wires lost their power feed now?

I would be grateful for any suggestions, particularly from those that have managed to bypass the HISS system.

Thanks and best regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 10-14-2006, 4:11 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: Hi all! CBR929RRY/RR1 HISS ECM wont start

Don't have a clue. According to the manual, the ECM can only be checked using the Honda diagnostic test pin box.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #3 of 50 Old 10-14-2006, 4:44 PM

Reputation Power: 19

No help here,just a welcome..

If you like to talk **** be sure you have the ass to back it up !! If not SHUT THE FU*K UP !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 Old 12-12-2006, 6:40 PM

Hi I am trying to do the same thing to my UK 929 as it has packed up and verything but the ecu checks out but 1000 is more than the bike is worth

any help would be appreciated

cheers
Dave
post #5 of 50 Old 12-12-2008, 2:43 PM

same situation with me. i got this bike real cheap as it dropped before, no keys as the bike was sold as is. all was seems ok, but i have no spark.
can i change the wiring and ecu and ignition to the US one and make it run?

i will appreciate any help, as i lived ini indonesia and theres not much who understand these things here. im trying to solve it by myself. need any help i can got.

sorry for my bad english.
post #6 of 50 Old 12-12-2008, 2:59 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

You will need to replace the ECU, complete wiring harness and ignition switch with US non-Cali items. Can't recall if the instrument cluster has the same wiring or not.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 50 Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
You will need to replace the ECU, complete wiring harness and ignition switch with US non-Cali items. Can't recall if the instrument cluster has the same wiring or not.
thx for replying Bladeracer. even if the instrument cluster were different, i can still run the bike right?

anyone help me pls...
post #8 of 50 Old 12-13-2008, 1:05 AM
Global Moderator

Yep.
You don't need the instruments at all if you don't want to run them.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #9 of 50 Old 12-13-2008, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Yep.
You don't need the instruments at all if you don't want to run them.
thx mate, i really appreciate it.
i have a few other questions and will attach some photo, i founded that it was my wiring harness that burnt.

the problem is i dont know if the bike is "US" or "non-US". if its "US", then i just have to buy the wiring harness right? but if i have the "non-us" version then i have to buy wiring harness, ignition switch, and ecu(change it the the us version)? is that right?
post #10 of 50 Old 12-13-2008, 4:38 AM
Global Moderator

Yes, but it's very easy to tell if it's US or not - if it's US then it doesn't have HISS. If your VIN is SC44A it has HISS. SC440 is US.

post #11 of 50 Old 12-13-2008, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Yes, but it's very easy to tell if it's US or not - if it's US then it doesn't have HISS. If your VIN is SC44A it has HISS. SC440 is US.
Thx GOD, GOD bless u BladeRacer.
My vin was sc440, and it means US?? yeeaaayyyyy im so happy right now.
I thougt it was "non-us" cause the key had a chip place in it. well i guess "us" version and "non-us" had the similar key, unless they dont have a chip in it...

thx again mate...
post #12 of 50 Old 12-13-2008, 6:08 AM
Global Moderator

The US key won't have a chip but I guess they may well use the same keys and just leave out the chip.
They could even leave the chip in if they were lazy but it would serve no purpose :-)

Which part of your harness is fried?

post #13 of 50 Old 12-14-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
The US key won't have a chip but I guess they may well use the same keys and just leave out the chip.
They could even leave the chip in if they were lazy but it would serve no purpose :-)

Which part of your harness is fried?
it was the orange thing wrapped with the black tape. the one that is about 1x1.5 inch wide. i want to take a picture of it but the harness is not with me no more.
post #14 of 50 Old 12-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Global Moderator

Orange thing?
You mean one of the connectors?
The stator connector often fries itself but it's connected to the regulator instead of the main harness.
I can't think of an orange thing offhand.

post #15 of 50 Old 12-14-2008, 5:59 PM

Hi chaps ..
hope this mite help ya a little.. i had my servo go, which in turn took out my ecu.

i spoke to a nice man in nowich .. who sold me a rebuilt ecu whichs works with out the hiss lock..

it will cost ya thro..

give these, abell.. Track Electronics

gaz

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page