servo motor/egcv problem/question - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-17-2006, 1:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

servo motor/egcv problem/question

i have a 02 954 and i am getting the 3-5 FI error code. the servo motor is jacked. i can hear it trying, so i'm guessing the gears in it are stripped by now. i have already done the airbox flapper mod, but i want some input on how to proceed with the servo motor. i have a devil shotgun (1/2 or 3/4) system and a pciiir. currently the motor is stuck in the low position, which is killing my high-rpm performance.

1.) What is your experience/opinion with modding the EGCV so that it is constantly open? I have read that it takes away low-rpm power and possibly fuel milage. Any truth to this?

2.) If I decide to mod the EGCV to fully open: Is there any way to disable the FI warning without replacing the servo motor?

3.) If replacing the servo motor: Would you recommend a new one (~$165), or trolling ebay for one?

4.) If replacing the servo motor: I have read the 03 one is better at keeping debris out of it. Wondering if there is any experience with this. There are two listed in the microfiche, one ending with 750 and one ending with 640. Would the one with the higher number indicate the 03 model?

Thanks in advance.
-James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-18-2006, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Send a message via Yahoo to bettingpython
Re: servo motor/egcv problem/question

No way for debris to get in the servo motor that is a sealed unit. And I dont know how it could happen, but it did to me. I had a small pebble under the cover that covers the exterior of the valve assembly it jammed the valve and caused the gears on my servo to strip. I bought my servo new from a dealership. If you troll e-bay you may or may not get a good working servo. If it's not good then your still gonna have to spend the bucks to get a good one. As for pinning the valve wide open I will have to defer that one to others on the board. To my knowledge the only way for the error light on the FI to be cleared is to install an operational servo motor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page