Need pricing opinions! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Need pricing opinions!

I have made the decision to sell my CBR929RE. I have checked KBB and NADA, trade in $4145 & 4720, retail $6005 and 6210.
However, a thing is only worth what someone will pay for it. Do you think these prices are realistic? How do they compare with any sales you have seen?
My bike has 15K miles, has Sorpion titainium high mount pipe (flame finish), new Sargent seat (front w/rear cover), Convertibars with longer braided front brake lines, Scorpio alarm w/remote, and a new Zero G DB w/shield.
Would it be financially better to put the stock seat, bars and pipe back on it and Ebay the aftermarket stuff?
Any help would be appreciated!

Conquer yourself rather than the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-25-2006, 12:17 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Need pricing opinions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelover View Post
I have made the decision to sell my CBR929RE. I have checked KBB and NADA, trade in $4145 & 4720, retail $6005 and 6210.
However, a thing is only worth what someone will pay for it. Do you think these prices are realistic? How do they compare with any sales you have seen?
My bike has 15K miles, has Sorpion titainium high mount pipe (flame finish), new Sargent seat (front w/rear cover), Convertibars with longer braided front brake lines, Scorpio alarm w/remote, and a new Zero G DB w/shield.
Would it be financially better to put the stock seat, bars and pipe back on it and Ebay the aftermarket stuff?
Hard to say from where I sit. I had a 2000 929 with totally unused bodywork, all Ohlins and Kyle suspension, Hindle Honda Canada exhaust, a working air system and all the stock components that never saw 1 mile of use with a number of the usual pieces (brake lines/pads/spare tires etc) and I was only able to get 6500.00 for it (in 2003). The bike had something like 1600 miles on it and had been maintained beyond the scope of anything you would find in the classifieds (the oil was changed every 100 miles tops and nothing but Motul 300V from before the engine was ever started).

If you find the right buyer, no problem but it may take some patience on your part . . .

Last edited by abtech; 12-20-2006 at 8:50 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-25-2006, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelover View Post
People around military bases buys bikes like crazy, if you ship i am pretty sure it will sell. i saw my bike on Ebay, loved it and bought it. Military due to all the deployments love toys and they generally buy what they want, post it and i am sure it will . It may take a hot second, but you will have offers, i like the buy it now feature so you do not have to piss around and bid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-25-2006, 1:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to Repeater

add the wholesale and retail then divide by 2. thats what i usualy start from when i buy bikes. people in socal sell thiers for high bluebook. thats why it took a good 3 months to find my f4i at the price i was willing to pay.

I saw the same bike at my local dealer for 6 gs a fricken 01 f4i for 6! i asked the guy if they were serious and he said yea they would drop it 400 plus the 400 prep. this was a month ago.

goos luck.

Aliens general, everything about them is alien!
post #5 of 7 Old 10-25-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reference's guys!
What do you think about the add on's? Do they enhance the sale value or pull em off and sell separate?

Conquer yourself rather than the world.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-25-2006, 10:24 AM

it might help you sell it faster, but will not bring you anymore. some people want all stock, then some would rather buy modded, flip a coin to leave it or take it off. me personally, i would sell it as is an put a not in there that the stock parts go with it
post #7 of 7 Old 10-25-2006, 10:49 AM

I bought my 03 954 this past May for $6,500. It was flawless with 5000 miles, a Two Bros CF Slip on and a few other minor mods. Do an Ebay search for 929's that have sold in the past month, and it will give you a good feel for the general value of what you've got. Good Luck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page