my HID RR Project - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-25-2006, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

my HID RR Project

So I have been meaning to do this for.... like ever. I have actually had all the parts to do this for over 3 years, and was going to use the projectors in a different car all together. But since I have to wait a week for my special order clutch cable, I figured might as well get it done.

First, I took apart the headlamp. If you have a heat gun, I think its the best way, I used a hair dryer this time because I did all the work in my garage, and my heat gun is at the shop. you can also *depending on your spouse situation* pre heat the oven to 300* and put the lamp in there for 20 minutes. you want to get the sealant around the lamp soft so you can pull the lens off the headlamp body. I chose to take the right headlamp out as its further from on coming traffic. Eventually the left side will become a yellow projector fog lamp. The unit I am using is a BMW X5 Bi-Xenon, it operates as both high and low beam.

Its only going to take minor bracket fabrication to make everything fit and adjust perfectly, then I will need to make a filler for behind the light shroud to cover the adjusters. For the time being, I will just trim out a mount plate and paint it black. The hardest part is going to be finding a place to mount the ballast for the hids.

I put in the IS300 Reflector and with some very minor trimming, I can make this look OEM. I have 4 lenses and 3 addl ignitors, so if someone is interested I could part with them, or if you had some free time, I could even be persuaded to maybe mod them for you. After I get the bracket made to hold the projector in, I will get some pictures mounted on the bike when I adjust the light. if anyone is interested, PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
apart1.JPG‎   x5proj.JPG‎   xenon.JPG‎   testfit.JPG‎  

side.JPG‎   is300.JPG‎   is300a.JPG‎   lens.JPG‎  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-25-2006, 2:07 AM

Re: my HID RR Project

I'd like to see how bright it is. How much would it cost to buy and do all of it?
post #3 of 5 Old 10-25-2006, 5:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

what did the BMW bi-xenon set you back?

Looks pretty good so far

Z..

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-25-2006, 12:02 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Send a message via AIM to cvc14 Send a message via Yahoo to cvc14

Looking good man.. Cant wait to see them in the bike and some action shots.

I used the projectors from a M3 on my headlights a few years ago. You are going to love the new found light.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-25-2006, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

I paid 100 for the projectors on ebay like 2 years ago. I had the 2 sets if IS300 Lamps for even longer. Usually your looking at about 250-300 for a set of projectors with bulbs and ballasts. when everything is in, I will do a side by side on the difference. the light output is SOOOO much better, AND!!! they draw less power then standard bulbs, which is good, since my bike suffers from an undercharging problem when I have both headlamps plugged in with stop and go traffic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page