Sprusing up the 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-01-2006, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Sprusing up the 929

Well, since the bike has been returned from the theif, it has received a new paint job. Semi-flat black by Krylon. A friend of mine has painted a few bikes with actual paint guns, but until I get the time to do a real paint-job the rattle can will do! I haven't put all the pieces back on yet, but so far I am really impressed with the way the Krylon looks.

I got a new lockset and fired the bike up for the first time two nights ago. It had been about two weeks since I had heard it run and it nearly brought a tear to my eye to hear it running smoothly. I was soo relieved that the turd didn't blow my motor.

As soon as I get it all together I'll post up some pics. It looks mean with a black tank and naked! Anyone with a carbon-fiber or black bolt-on they want to sell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-01-2006, 5:10 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Re: Sprusing up the 929

I have a Titanium 2 bro shorty $100+ shipping. I would imagine it would be pretty hard to blow up a 929.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Is there an advantage to a "shorty"? I may be interested...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-01-2006, 2:00 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Well not everybody has one for one. and If you like to wheelie if you come back to fat you would hit the tail which will flex or break but you wont hit the pipe which would spin the bike and cause you to crash. By making it a shorty it is now louder. I cut 5.5 inches off it. It sounds good an still has the baffling in it. It performs well. other then being different. and the safety if you do a lot of wheelies, other than those I don't think there is much of an advantage/ I have a pic posted in this forum2 brothers Titanium for sale - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org This is my post. I have a few other pics if you want to pm me your email. I have a polished micron and I am gonna put that back on. I like the 2 bro and the sound is sweet but I like having polished pipes since my wheels are polished.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page