Erion exhaust swap. Please help a rookie who may have bought the wrong thing. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-05-2006, 5:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Erion exhaust swap. Please help a rookie who may have bought the wrong thing.

I'll be the first to admit I didn't do enough homework prior to ordering an exhaust off of ebay.

For starters, i've got the 01 Erion 929 and it has what I believe is called the full bolt on erion exhaust. The system I bought is just headers that lead straight into the exhaust that slips on and has springs to connect it.

I laid the bike down recently and it tacoed pipe just before it goes into the exhaust.

I bought a full system off of eBay but it is different than what is on my bike now.

The biggest difference I noticed is that the stock system on the bike now has some sort of flap system in between the headers and the pipe.

SO, can I just bolt up the system I purchased off eBay and eliminate that flap all together? And, if that is possible, is there a correct way to do this? What do I actually take off? etc. etc.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-05-2006, 5:14 PM

Reputation Power: 33

Re: Erion exhaust swap. Please help a rookie who may have bought the wrong thing.

I don't feel like typing a long drawn out description.

Check your PM's

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-06-2006, 1:13 AM

Re: Erion exhaust swap. Please help a rookie who may have bought the wrong thing.

If you install that full system, make sure you buy a power commander for the bike and program it with the right fuel map.. If you don't then the bike will run too lean (probably burn something up). Let me know if you wanna sell the full system. I have a stock system in perfect shape I can trade plus cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-07-2006, 8:22 PM

i just did the same thing....pm if you need anymore help....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page