Question about water leak - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-18-2006, 6:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Question about water leak

For some reason my 954 seems to be leaking a little water out of the over flow bottle hose. When i park the bike it drips a bit, but it use 2 not do that. Does this mean i have a water problem somewhere. Or is it that im just now driving the bike like it was made to be driven. This is my 1st REAL street bike, so i know that could sound like a dumb question, LoL. My 1st bike was a Katana 750 (oil cooled). So i wouldnt know what is normal on a water cooled bike, hehe....=-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-18-2006, 7:58 PM

Re: Question about water leak

You may have a hose leak or your water pump is going bad causing a drip that would run down the left side hose and apear to be coming from the filler bottle. Take your fairings off and check all your hose connections to make sure they are tight. Start her up while your fairings are off and try to isolate where exactly the leak is coming from.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-18-2006, 8:06 PM

Here are two pics that may help you.

One is of the side of the bike and one is a close up of the water pump that I wrote in for another thread.
Attached Thumbnails
index_005.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-18-2006, 8:07 PM

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/att...-index_006.jpg

This is the close up of the water pump.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-18-2006, 8:50 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it appears its actually coming out of the over flow hose through the hose. But i will check with the fairings off and see if its actually running down along side the hose instead. If i recall correctly, i remember yesterday the bottom inner section of the fairings where they connect together, did have a little water in it. Guess this would say that its not actually coming from the overflow hose itself, but rather coming from somewhere else....I will chck it and see what comes up. Mean time, IF i have 2 replace the water pump. Is that a HARD thing to do, LoL. If its fairly easy to get to, then im sure i can handle it. Just dont want to go through an act of congress to change it, if i have too.....Thanks
post #6 of 8 Old 12-18-2006, 11:12 PM

how many miles on the bike? Did it recently get serviced? Have you recently added any fluids? Has it gotten dropped? Is it a used bike? How much is currently in the reservoir? Any and as much info you got on that bike would really help out.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-18-2006, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Its an 03 954 with just over 4k miles on it. Bike was used as a show bike and riden very little. Has never been down, but with me driving, that could happen anyday, LMAO. I am the 2nd owner and as it all appears, the old owner took great care of it. I havent checked how much water is in the reservoir, but my speculations would say its filled up, because the over flow hose it towards the top of the reservoir bottle. Yes i did change the fluids about 2weeks ago. We have had a few cold snaps that left our weather in the high 20's low 30's for several nights in a row. So i went ahead and drained old fluids and put anti-freeze in it. Maybe i left a hose a little lose while doing that. I was in a hurry, so theres no telling.....=-)
post #8 of 8 Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 AM

when you added fluids, did you do it while the bike was vertical or resting on its kick stand? If you did while the bike was on its kickstand, theres a chance you put too much fluid in and the system is just purging it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page