Power commander questions - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-18-2006, 8:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Power commander questions

Hey guys just wondering I've searched and read every thread on the PC so here is the ?. I have a pc a usb model for a 954 but my bike is a 929. What I want to know is ( I know u have to cut/copy and paste the map ), Do you just cut and paste map on top of map or the individual values in the map after it has been opened or can I copy all the values and just copy on top of open map, sorta confused any help would be appreciated. Attaching a pic so I hope it helps.

Last edited by SpookyjacK; 02-19-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Re: Power commander questions

Hi SpookyjacK,

we should swap - I've got the PC3USB from my old 929 in my 954 !

The cut and paste thing is a piece of cake. Just open the zero map for the 954 (or any map for the 954 for that mater) then open the map for the 929 that you want, then :

1. in the 929 map : using the mouse hi-light the contents of the cells in the map (you know - left click and hold then drag the pointer over all the cells just like in excel).

2. with all the cells/values selected press cntl-C (the cntl button and the C button together).

3. now go back to the 954 map you opened first, hi-light all the cells (same as step 1 above) then click cntl-V (the cntl button and the V button together) to dump the contents from the 929 map into this 954 target map.

4. check that the 954 map doesn't have any "left over" values down the bottom - sometimes some of the maps can have values specified up to 1000 RPM higher than the 929 maps - not that you'd ever use them without modification because they're way up around the 13,000 RPM level !. If there's anything specified in cells that the 929 map didn't have just replace them using 0 (zero) values.

5. Save your new 929 (954) map as some clever name so you don't forget which one it is, then cancel out of the original 954 zero map without saving to keep it clean for the next time you want to use it.

6. Upload you new 929 (954) map to the PC3 as per usual...

...easy .

Cheers, Spanky.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-19-2006, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Spanky ur a good man, concise and to the point you have been repped......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-19-2006, 4:29 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Only too happy to help - I know what it's like trying to work stuff out without any help

Let me know me if you get stuck...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page