94 900rr hates me already wont run - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-19-2006, 6:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

94 900rr hates me already wont run

ok my 94 900rr has carbs. and a fuel pump why???and right now the pump and solenoid are junk.so this would most definatly be why it wont start for me right??? ive only had it for 2 days and rode it around my parking lot for 10 minutes so far. if it hates me now its really going to hate me come summer time heh heh.anyway id love to have some input on this thanks alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-19-2006, 6:04 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: 94 900rr hates me already wont run

well if the pump and solenoid are junk then yes it definetly won't start. gotta get fuel into the engine for it to run. it's also cold up there in ME so thats not gonna help anything with a carbed bike.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-19-2006, 6:12 PM Thread Starter

ok well i guess im going to be about $210 lighter heh heh yeah its cold but i have it down at my shop which is heated.just my luck to get it and the next day the pump dies heh heh thanks for the reply now on the 94 900rr the pump comes on just like it does in a car right you can hear it cycle on???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-19-2006, 6:14 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnightraven73x View Post
ok well i guess im going to be about $210 lighter heh heh yeah its cold but i have it down at my shop which is heated.just my luck to get it and the next day the pump dies heh heh thanks for the reply now on the 94 900rr the pump comes on just like it does in a car right you can hear it cycle on???

I don't think it works that way. the fuel pump you hear turning on in your car is an electric pump that works with the fuel injection system. your bike is carbed so I don't think pump makes any noise. a fuel injected bike like the 929 you can hear the pump prime when you hit kill switch.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-19-2006, 6:20 PM Thread Starter

well this is what im wondering i got the pump to work once out of the bike and it was loud so you could definatly hear it but then it slowly dies.so is it just there for when you really get on it or does it run constantly?because right now i have no clue why it ran when i parked it and the next day its dead it sputtered a few times but then it just turned and turned and never fired again
post #6 of 6 Old 12-19-2006, 6:37 PM Thread Starter

i just dont get the electric pump on a carbed engine either i guess.i work on cars not so much bikes but this is my new toy and im going to work on it just like my truck i like knowing whats going on it for parts and who is fixing it (me).so i guess ill get the new pump,solenoid and a new fuel filter and hopefully it'll start for me again if not then im lost. this is very new to me so i appriciate the help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page