Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

air filter on a 900RR

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fastrr 
#1 ·
got a 99 mod 900RR with a yoshi slipon...
its time to change air filter now but, shud i get the orginal honda filter or a KN filter ?

on my cbr 600 99mod it did go lean on fuel whit slipon and sports air filter before i put on a dyno jet kit.... so : what do i do ?

#5 · (Edited)
To be completely honest, I got the best performance from a paper type airfilter. I buy my paper type airfilters off of ebay, new $20. If you plan on street riding the bike, don't let anyone talk you into flatslide carbs ( racing carbs ). Best performance "mods" i've done to my 900rr has been cleaning the carbs, requires skill; and then changing the fuel filter and fuel strainer that is attached to the petcock. If you change the strainer, make sure you install a new O-ring also.
Servicehonda.com has the parts. If you get real work happy, remove and check the spark plugs for their condition.

If the airbox on your bike hasn't been modified and all you're running is a Yoshi pipe then I don't think it will run lean. Someone may have already installed a jet kit in your carbs. I can send you pics of dynojet fuel needles and stock needles if you want them for comparison sake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.