Datatool Digital Gear Indicator - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-19-2003, 2:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Datatool Digital Gear Indicator

Hi, everyone:
Does anyone use digital gear indicator from DataTool on their 954? If does, how good is that gadget? How difficult to install it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you very much and ride safe. If possible, may I have pictures for the installtion procedures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-19-2003, 9:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Datatool Digital Gear Indicator

Hi!

I installed a Digi on my 954 last summer. Works just fine. I'm very happy with it and it helps me a lot. Just one issue, though. It works by comparing your speed to your engine revs, so it goes into '?'-mode when you pull the clutch. No big deal really, but it may annoy somebody. (I mentioned it in another thread somewhere in this forum)

It took me about five or six hours to install, but most of that time was trying to figure out which parts to remove and how, to get to the wires I needed tap into... And I'm not very fast, so if you know a bit about what you are doing, you might do it in about half the time.

You need to remove the front fairing to get to the wires running into the tacho. If you don't know what you are doing this can be a pain, but once you figure it out it will take you less than 5 minutes to do it again.

After that it's actually pretty simple. Just follow the instructions that comes with the kit.
More help here:
http://www.bohnarmor.com/knowledgebase/
search for 'digi'.
I'm sorry I don't have pictures. But you may find some around the net. I found some instructions with pictures from a guy who installed one on an R6.

Feel free to write me again if you need more help.

Good luck!

-N.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page