Need to find the right undertail - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-28-2007, 7:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need to find the right undertail

I have a 2003 954rr that is in the red and black, and while I have modified the rear end to get rid of that giant black scoop. But there is a small piece still there, and underneath is a red piece that sticks out.

If I were to cut that away with a Dremel tool, I would then have a fairly large hole in the red underside right below the tail light.

Now I am looking for a really basic, rad undertail that let's you use your stock tail light. I just put a Clear Alternatives smoked tail light with integrated signals in, so I want to keep that intact.

I just basically need a new piece of plastic, but can't find what I want for any price resembling reasonable.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-28-2007, 7:55 PM

Re: Need to find the right undertail

my advice is the texas undertail, there a pain to put in but, there worth it.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-28-2007, 8:05 PM Thread Starter

Texas Undertail is no longer in business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-30-2007, 9:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

What is a "reasonable price"???

Most all full undertail kits painted are going to run you around $200.00 bucks. I just installed a Mototech undertail on my 929 which came out AWESOME!!!

Check it out at https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...stall-pic.html

The Mototech was very high quaility, fit perfect, and came with a tag mount (but I didn't use it) and all the neccesary hardware.

Here are a few...

Mototeck Undertail - Honda CBR954RR - Mototeck Bodywork, Undertails, Accessories - KneeDraggers.com

HotBodiesRacing - ABS Undertail w/ Built in LED Signal Lights - Honda CBR954RR - Hotbodies Racing Bodywork, Undertails, Accessories - KneeDraggers.com

CBR 954 RR

CBR954RR
post #5 of 8 Old 01-30-2007, 9:26 AM Thread Starter

My problem with the mototeck is that the signals sucks. You can barely see them in the daylight.

Also, I just installed a Clear Alternatives smoked integrated LED tail light system, so I need an undertail that will use that.

I have no problem spending money on my bike, believe me, but I hate to spend $200+ on a stupid piece of plastic.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-30-2007, 8:00 PM

check out ebay, there is a under tial with 12 leds and the look is very agressive. i have the same undertial on my 954rr with the clear alterintives intergrated lights as well. it looks sick. i look at it like this the more visiable we are to drivers the better!! oh yeah the cost is around $145 with shipping.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-30-2007, 8:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
My problem with the mototeck is that the signals sucks. You can barely see them in the daylight.

Also, I just installed a Clear Alternatives smoked integrated LED tail light system, so I need an undertail that will use that.

I have no problem spending money on my bike, believe me, but I hate to spend $200+ on a stupid piece of plastic.

well I would have to argue that one.....I can see my signals just fine in the sunlight and I live in FL so I have pleanty of it....just buy something your happy with b/c everyone is going to have a diffrent opinion.....
post #8 of 8 Old 01-30-2007, 9:22 PM Thread Starter

Well, I am basing that conclusion off of the new Mototeck undertail that my friend got for his Superhawk.

But I love the new tail light, so I want to keep it.

I cut off the piece that hangs down with a Dremel. Now the entire undertail section below the light is flat, nothing protruding. There is a square hole roughly 7 inches by 6 inches, that for now, I covered with a piece of carbon fiber looking vinyl, that is very thick and has adhesive on one side.

What I may just do it glue a plastic plate from the inside, apply some bondo to the underside where you can see it, sand it smooth, and then spray the undertail with a rattle-can.

Right now the undertail is red, but it is red plastic and not painted, so it looks different than the red on the bike.

I can probably get a closer match by spraying it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page