Micron Full System ?'s on 954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Micron Full System ?'s on 954

Who has it? What do you think? I was thinking of going w/ a full serpant system for my 02 954.

I heard some people (not on a 954 that I know of) have had fitment issues w/ the microns. Does anyone have experience w/ it on the 954 that can comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2007, 12:12 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Re: Micron Full System ?'s on 954

I have the Micron Serpent system w/ PC on my '03 054. I am very happy with the performance. The power delivery is very smooth and linear. It makes useable power from idle to redline in any gear, (yes, it will pull from idle in 6th) which is really nice for street riding. It pulls very hard on the top end but I rarely go there because the midrange is so good that it's really not necessary unless you are on the track. As far as fitment goes, I couldn't fit one of the mid pipes onto the header pipe because it was about 1mm out of round. I measured it with some calipers, lightly tapped it with a hammer at it's largest diameter and it then fit perfectly. Also, there is not a lot of room on a 954 to get at some of the header bolts easily, so some patience is needed. It can be helpful to spray the header nuts with WD-40 to keep them from seizing on the studs when removing. Trust me on this one. All in all I give the Micron Serpents a big !!
post #3 of 3 Old 01-30-2007, 6:27 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: Micron Full System ?'s on 954

I have them on my 929 and LOVE them. Great build quality, lightweight, good power and a nice sound. If I were to do it all over again, it would come down between the full Micron and the Arata. There was a post a long time ago comparing the Hindle, Arata and Micron and they were all with in 1 or 2 of each other if I recall.

rubber side down

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page