help my 05 1000rr pgm-fi light & idicator light flashes 3slow 4 fast? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-29-2007, 5:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

help my 05 1000rr pgm-fi light & idicator light flashes 3slow 4 fast?

i bought a salvaged 05 because I enjoy my 06 so much it ran fine but needed a new radiator so i bought a used one and replaced it know when i start it up the pgm-fi indicator light flashes 3 slow 4 fast to my understanding this is a code of thirty four.....but whats that mean? and why did replacing the radiator set it off? i replace a bunch of other stuff two but i started the bike after all that and it was fine. then did the radiator and cooling fan. started it back up and the problem started. checked for leaks and I changed the radiator cap to see if mabee the new one was damaged seting of the ect sensor or something but not knowing how to reset it did me no good this is giving me a head ache since my first problem was it wouldnt start after after replaceing the head light come to realize i put the tipover switch backon upside down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 8:13 AM

Reputation Power: 36

Re: help my 05 1000rr pgm-fi light & idicator light flashes 3slow 4 fast?

In checking the Honda manual, a code 34 refers to the servo that operates the cables that go to your valve in your exhaust. Check the electrical plug and connection at that servo. Also maybe go over any other connectors you had apart doing the work. You know what they say. Go where you had your hands last. The manual is available on this forum somewhere and you can get more info there. Hope this helps.

Dennis
post #3 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzee View Post
In checking the Honda manual, a code 34 refers to the servo that operates the cables that go to your valve in your exhaust. Check the electrical plug and connection at that servo. Also maybe go over any other connectors you had apart doing the work. You know what they say. Go where you had your hands last. The manual is available on this forum somewhere and you can get more info there. Hope this helps.

Dennis
thanks Dennis
would u by chance know were the servo's were located or this manual might be cause I'm new to this forum...... I havent done any work to the tail section of this bike yet still has stock exhaust. all the work I've done so far is purely cosmetic body, turn singnals, headlight, footpegs, forks, radiator and clutch side clipon full replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 12:16 PM

Reputation Power: 36

Sorry, the manual is not on this forum and I don't want to get into copyright crap and because of its size I can't send it but the servo motor is located just behind the cylinders and you can't miss the 2 cables coming from it going to the exhaust valve just before the muffler. Since you haven't been in that area be sure to check where you were working. How about the ECM (computer) being located next to the rad. Anyways here is a good link with pictures that may help you with your mods.

Honda CBR1000RR Tech

Good Luck,
Dennis
post #5 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 1:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzee View Post
Sorry, the manual is not on this forum and I don't want to get into copyright crap and because of its size I can't send it but the servo motor is located just behind the cylinders and you can't miss the 2 cables coming from it going to the exhaust valve just before the muffler. Since you haven't been in that area be sure to check where you were working. How about the ECM (computer) being located next to the rad. Anyways here is a good link with pictures that may help you with your mods.

Honda CBR1000RR Tech

Good Luck,
Dennis
After looking at the picture on the site u gave me I see that the other end of the cables frome the exaust valve goe to just above the cluch bleeder nipple maybe when i blead the cluch i did something i'll have to check thanks for u'r input
post #6 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 4:28 PM Thread Starter

ok i realized that i dont even have to start the engine for the indicator to go of and after the fuel injection stops after turning the key i here a wine from the survo and the pully moves slightly and the indicator starts flashing im confused i also see were their is a posible third line at the very bottom of the pully to hook up is this for a different model and non existant or could this be my problem that it may have snaped any info would be much aprichated Im gonna order a survise manual but it will take time to get it and I'd like to fix the problem as soon as posible

P.s I did here a unusual loud pop the first time I turn the key before the problem started
post #7 of 10 Old 02-04-2007, 8:38 PM

nope there is only two cables hooked to the servo
it should reset back to normal when you turn the key

try unhooking the battery to clear the code

worse case you get a light
it wont hurt performance
post #8 of 10 Old 02-05-2007, 12:32 AM

Chapter 6-32 in the manual. EGCV potentiometer malfunction. Looks like five tests to look for opens or shorts. Start reseating connectors and wigglin wires. Check all your fuses. Oh and an unusual loud pop when turning the key is a bad thing.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-05-2007, 7:16 AM

yeah
normally
that means a fuse just blew
post #10 of 10 Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 PM

Reputation Power: 66

Send a message via Yahoo to bettingpython

The gears in the servo motor are stripped. Time to replace the servo.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page