A Pic Of My New 954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 9:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

A Pic Of My New 954

hShe has 7904 on the odometer.When I bought her she had a scotts steering stabilizer,rear ohlins shock,harris fully adjustable rearsets,leo vince high mount slip on,ohlins forks.

I sold the stabilizer and the rear shock since this pic was taken.I am buying a rear strut and lowering link and having it stretched 16" or 18".Not sure on the length,will probaly just go 16".Also going to remove that high mount and get me a hindle header with a custom undertail straight pipe exhaust with baffles.Also going to paint it candy red with silver and black tribal graphics.I work at a bike shop and we do custom paint jobs and stretch swingarms,so I just have to pay for materials.

Picked me up a PC III usb last week and did the flapper,pair,and turn signal mods.Still debateing on selling the ohlins forks as I dont need them for the type of riding I do.From what I have read here so far the stock air filter is the best to go with,but I refuse to have to keep buying filters.Second best seems to be the bmc.Should I get the race or street version???Sucks because we have a K&N in stock at the shop.

Last but not least and I know you guys are not going to believe this,but I only paid $350 fo rthe bike,and no its not stolen or the like.Long story short,the guy who owned the bike was arrested and is never getting out.He owned 4 bikes and told his brother to he could keep them and do what he wanted with them.Well his brother couldnt get this one started then broke the key in the ignition,and on top of that his wife could not find the title for it.She found the titles for the other 3 bikes,but not this one.The brother was going to just put it on the side of the rode until his little brother told him about me and that I might be interested in buying it.Well since they dont know crap about bikes they sold it to me for $350,and no thats not a typo.

I sold the shock and stabilizer for $900,so I made what I got into back and then some.So far i've had to buy a battery,plugs,oil,oil filter,ignition set,fuel pump,shock,stock 929 swingarm.and pc3 usb.I already have a duplicate title on the way,and the mods I am going to do should be done by myrtle beach bike week,as long as we dont get swamped at work.

So what do you guys think?
Alpine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 9:37 AM

Re: A Pic Of My New 954

She looks like mine.
post #3 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 9:46 AM

Reputation Power: 14

wow, I bought your shock. ok now sell me your forks !! She's a rough canvas right now but I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's close to done.

P.S.
Let me know about the forks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 10:24 AM

wow thats nuts... good deal and good luck
post #5 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 12:21 PM

Reputation Power: 66

Send a message via Yahoo to bettingpython

Wow I would accuse you of being on crack for getting rid of the rear shock and lowering it but since it's your bike do with it as you please. want to trade your Ohlins front for an Oem front setup and some cash? Stretched and slammed it's obvious you wont need the performance front end.

Too bad it did'nt come with marchesini wheels that would need to be replaced for you to mount blinged out chrome wheels.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 6:04 PM

good looking bike
post #7 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 9:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettingpython View Post
Wow I would accuse you of being on crack for getting rid of the rear shock and lowering it but since it's your bike do with it as you please. want to trade your Ohlins front for an Oem front setup and some cash? Stretched and slammed it's obvious you wont need the performance front end.

Too bad it did'nt come with marchesini wheels that would need to be replaced for you to mount blinged out chrome wheels.

Im not that dumb,if it had come with marchesini wheels I would be keeping those.As I see it I dont need an ohlins suspension for the type of riding I do.It would be a complete waste on my bike.I would perfer to sell the stuff to someone who can use it,and put it to good use.

Also I am definately not into the bling factor.I might have a few small parts chromed,but the majority is getting powder coated.As far as getting rid of the forks,I am trying to find out if some stock ones will work with my vortex triple clamp.Or if I can swap in some 1000RR forks.I will be getting rid of them as soon as I figure this out.
post #8 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 9:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammae01 View Post
wow, I bought your shock. ok now sell me your forks !! She's a rough canvas right now but I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's close to done.

P.S.
Let me know about the forks

Seeing I already sold you the rear shock I might as well give you first shot at the forks.Shoot me an email so we can talk.Small world huh?

Alpine
post #9 of 15 Old 01-30-2007, 9:49 PM

I can have the front end off and on it's way to you with cash by payapal for the forks if your really interested in a trade, yes the OEM tubes fit the vortex triple. I have a vortex triple and clip on's on mine.
post #10 of 15 Old 01-31-2007, 9:31 AM Thread Starter

Well I am going to sell the forks,apparently the 1000rr forks fit and I have already found some forks and calipers on ebay for sale.Going to bring home the front stand from work tonight and yank the ohlins forks off.
post #11 of 15 Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine View Post
Well I am going to sell the forks,apparently the 1000rr forks fit and I have already found some forks and calipers on ebay for sale.Going to bring home the front stand from work tonight and yank the ohlins forks off.
How much?
post #12 of 15 Old 01-31-2007, 1:27 PM

looks like you found a bargin
post #13 of 15 Old 01-31-2007, 4:11 PM

U sold the stabilizer....man i hope u put another one on it. The 954 is scary with tank slaps over 100MPH......=_)
post #14 of 15 Old 01-31-2007, 7:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSpEcT View Post
U sold the stabilizer....man i hope u put another one on it. The 954 is scary with tank slaps over 100MPH......=_)

Actually I plan on putting another one on,just not the type I had on there.I get my parts at cost so I will probaly go with a regular type damper.

If someone is interested in the forks,just make me a realistic offer.They are going on ebay tomorrow night with a reserve.

Alpine
post #15 of 15 Old 02-06-2007, 1:28 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine View Post
hShe has 7904 on the odometer.When I bought her she had a scotts steering stabilizer,rear ohlins shock,harris fully adjustable rearsets,leo vince high mount slip on,ohlins forks.

I sold the stabilizer and the rear shock since this pic was taken.I am buying a rear strut and lowering link and having it stretched 16" or 18".Not sure on the length,will probaly just go 16".Also going to remove that high mount and get me a hindle header with a custom undertail straight pipe exhaust with baffles.Also going to paint it candy red with silver and black tribal graphics.I work at a bike shop and we do custom paint jobs and stretch swingarms,so I just have to pay for materials.

Picked me up a PC III usb last week and did the flapper,pair,and turn signal mods.Still debateing on selling the ohlins forks as I dont need them for the type of riding I do.From what I have read here so far the stock air filter is the best to go with,but I refuse to have to keep buying filters.Second best seems to be the bmc.Should I get the race or street version???Sucks because we have a K&N in stock at the shop.

Last but not least and I know you guys are not going to believe this,but I only paid $350 fo rthe bike,and no its not stolen or the like.Long story short,the guy who owned the bike was arrested and is never getting out.He owned 4 bikes and told his brother to he could keep them and do what he wanted with them.Well his brother couldnt get this one started then broke the key in the ignition,and on top of that his wife could not find the title for it.She found the titles for the other 3 bikes,but not this one.The brother was going to just put it on the side of the rode until his little brother told him about me and that I might be interested in buying it.Well since they dont know crap about bikes they sold it to me for $350,and no thats not a typo.

I sold the shock and stabilizer for $900,so I made what I got into back and then some.So far i've had to buy a battery,plugs,oil,oil filter,ignition set,fuel pump,shock,stock 929 swingarm.and pc3 usb.I already have a duplicate title on the way,and the mods I am going to do should be done by myrtle beach bike week,as long as we dont get swamped at work.

So what do you guys think?
Alpine

u also got the right color scheme....

Ride it, Like u stole it..and Don't Look Back !!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page