Jerking Off - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-02-2007, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Jerking Off

LOL

So is it normal for my '05 CBR1000rr to JERK or lurch when I'm cruising and just let off the the throttle...then do the same when I barely roll on the throttle? I wish it was a little smoother in each case.

Secondly, Is it me, or does this steering fight me when i wanna turn? I'm guessing it's the HESD? My last ride was a little '06 ZZR600 and it turned with ease. This Honda feels liek it's fighting me? or maybe it's just the effect of being on a different bike and being heavier?

EVERYONE have a kick ass weekend!!! Drove my bike in the rain the other day, by accident, so it's covered in dirt and grime so took it apart last night to start detailing it and set it up to install a HotBoddies undertail. It's 9:20 am here and I'm counting down to happy hour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Re: Jerking Off

sounds like operator error
post #3 of 8 Old 03-02-2007, 1:30 PM

Honestly my 02 VFR800 and present CBR954 did the same thing. The only thing that smooths these things out are power commanders. The electronics on bikes theses days expecially with fuel injection have so many inputs (O2, MAP, Airtemp sensors, and feedback loops from engine operating parameters) that the systems get all, for lack of a better word, freeked out when parameters change during crusining mode. A P3 will make all your troubles go away. My carbed bike NEVER had the surge problems the fuel injection bikes had unless it was a carb needle bellow.

But I LOVE my 954
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-02-2007, 2:13 PM

Use your clutch.

Get some new tires. If you want it to REALLY turn easy, have someone give you some race takeoff tires. You'll fall right into the corners. You can test the HESD by spooling up the rear tire on the stand and move the bars around. You won't find the resistance you think.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-02-2007, 2:18 PM Thread Starter

yeah, I notice that my rear tire is getting a flat spot down the center. These days I'm mostly on the street. Use my bike to commute too....65 miles EACH WAY, 5 days a week sometimes. Then tear it up on the weekends in the desert or mountian twisties. Not everyone is close to or has time for a track.

I'm thinking of getting those dual compound tires so I can get some decent mileage out of the rubber since I ride so much, and yet still be kinda sticky when I drag a knee once in awhile.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-02-2007, 5:28 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick 26 View Post
sounds like operator error

100% I hear from all these people how touchy Honda's FI is on all their bikes. I have owned a 929 and still do a XX and 1000RR. I have ridden 600RRs as well as ST1300, GL1800 etc. I have never experienced what some claim.

What I can say is that if you are used to carbed bikes, YOU have to reprogram YOURSELF on how you used the throttle. Remember, carbs REACT to changes in vacuum, it takes time. FI bikes basically give you 100% of what you asked for it. If you asked for 50% throttle, you get it...NOW. Not wait a split sec. for the slides to move etc.

So.....smooth out your throttle control as well as making sure your chain tension is correct etc. Ride safe!

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ
post #7 of 8 Old 03-02-2007, 5:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, appreciate it. yeah, this is my first FI bike. I'm getting the popping/crakling from the exhaust on Decel. or when I'm just cruising slow through traffic steady on the throttle at times...can that be alleviated by a PCIII?
post #8 of 8 Old 03-02-2007, 11:27 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelx View Post
Thanks, appreciate it. yeah, this is my first FI bike. I'm getting the popping/crakling from the exhaust on Decel. or when I'm just cruising slow through traffic steady on the throttle at times...can that be alleviated by a PCIII?
Not really, you need to do the PAIR mod. Very easy, do a search, its been covered many times

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page