MODS should make a sticky about replacement of CCT - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 8:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

MODS should make a sticky about replacement of CCT

okay guys and girls im sure the majority of you have this problem...a tick sound from the engine from idle and then at 4 to 5k rpm range it starts to flutter/rattle

i've had the same problem with my 99 gixxer before and I am 85% certain that it is a bad auto CCT. when i pulled it apart, alas, the auto CCT expanded out and refuses to contract. this was due to the tighter cam chain needed at higher rpms. my theory is the only people that does not have this ticking problem are people that never ripped it over 10k rpm. anyways i am going to opt for the manual cct. the only problem here is you cannot go above 6k rpm or else the timing will be off (since it's manual).

i am going to order a Manual CCT and will take pictures of the installation. the auto cct is junk.

They seemed to have fixed this problem b/c the new models use a ratcheting type auto cct.

I think the ops should make a stickey on the forum about this. i know the gixxer forum had a sticky teaching people how to install this piece.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 8:33 PM

Re: MODS should make a sticky about replacement of CCT

What is a CCT and which bike is it for?
post #3 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple guy View Post
What is a CCT and which bike is it for?
Cam Chain Tensioner... As you engine revs high the cam chain stretches a bit and the tensioner keep "x" amount of force on chain to prevent timing issues....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 8:55 PM

and if your bike has two wheels and an engine... you have one. newer bikes are auto, a little older are manual
post #5 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 9:34 PM

Can't rip it above 6K rpm's with a manual CCT? I don't think so. Take it up to redline once and while and you should never have a problem. Just have to pull the valve cover off and recheck the adjustment every few thousand miles. On the new APE brand manual tensioner there is a spec, call out, for chain lash... adjust it so your on the looser side of that call out, not the tighter side.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

no im not say never redline it..im saying never ALWAYs redline it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page