Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Flat spot in dyno curve

3K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  visitor 
#1 ·
I bought this bike not running and was wondering if anyone has any insight into a flat spot in my motor between 4000-5500rpm. I have had it into the shop on the dyno to get it tuned out but there is nothing working. I have the Denso plugs and they are burning fine so its not the spark plugs. It has a k&n filter in it right now and I will be changing it to a stock filter. Im running 93 octane fuel, the chain is good, so the shop has no idea whats wrong. I know there are some inteligent people on here that can probably point out something we are missing.

#15 ·
No worries. Any chance of having it tuned by a Dynojet 250?
It has always been hard to decypher a winpep chart. One of the reasons is that they use MPH instead of RPM. Also, on a Dynojet 250, they show you a corrilating A/F ratio chart.

#17 ·
its the number of flashes on the light referenced to the service book - post the flashes and someone can tell you what they mean. just got a manual on PDF so can perhaps help. that's a bit drop in the curve though if the bikes more or less stock ex. the k&n...............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.