Need Help Real Quick! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 2:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to 2k929
Need Help Real Quick!

Where can i find a second serial number at? I need a second number for filing my salvage to rebuilt title paperwork. I am trying to get it done, but i cannot find a second serial number. Can someone help??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 2:19 AM Thread Starter

Re: Need Help Real Quick!

I got it.....you can delete
post #3 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 6:56 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Did you get the one off the engine as your second one?

Let me know if they make you remove all your old VIN work when you are done and assign you a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 8:00 AM Thread Starter

I don't think they are going to give me a new one. But i don't know. i am trying to get the paperwork done because it keeps getting nicer and nicer. Plus if I have to wait until the new title comes in I will be really mad for the simple fact that it takes the state forever! So that will put me not getting to ride until may! I hope not. But i will let you know if they give me a new VIN
post #5 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 8:14 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Do/Did you have to take it somewhere to be inspected before they will change the title to rebuilt.
AZ gives you a new VIN - thats not to say that IN will do the same, just giving insight on what experience I have with it.

Last edited by sinfuldragon; 03-08-2007 at 8:32 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

The form you can pick up at the branch or online does have an area where a police officer has to do an inspection on the bike and sign off. He is supposed to verify that the serial and VIN do not come up as stolen also. I have that taken care of. As far as i know you keep the same VIN number. Whenever the guy i bought it from wrecked it, the title that got changed to salvage kept the same VIN.

I was a bit worried that i will be waiting "4 weeks" which is what they say to get the rebuilt title back but it is more like 8. But the lady said when i turn it in, they will send it to their headquarters and then come back about 3 or 4 business days later and they will look it up on the system. If they see that it has been entered into the system, then i can get plates.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page