lossing power - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-10-2007, 3:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

lossing power

Help, anyone have ideas as to what this problem maybe... I just had an STM slipper clutch installed... took it home from the dealer, and it worked beautifully! about 550 miles later, I decided to go canyon riding, and began to feel unfamiliar behavior from my 04 1000RR. Bike pulls nicely from first gear, and all gears for that matter. The problem is when I began to hit the 5500 RPM and it begins to act like it wants to die out on me, and this continues till it passes the 6500-7000 RPM range. Once passed the 7000 RPM range, the bike revs normal, and speed is at a minimum gain. Funny thing is, when I drop to a lower gear or two, the bike is working fine. As the bike is slowing down, going into the high 4000 RPM, and I get back on the gas the bike acts up again?????
anyone have a clue as to what it may be? I have been reading threads about the clutch slipping, but my bike does not creep into any gear, and does not move when cltch is pulled in. I started to see if it is the Throttle Position Sensor, ECU, or maybe just oil being used...Motul 3000V...
any ideas out there???? Thank you

Last edited by chumba wumba; 03-10-2007 at 3:58 PM. Reason: did not finish writing the thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-10-2007, 7:26 PM

Re: lossing power

Bring it back to the dealer.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-10-2007, 8:12 PM Thread Starter

I would, but the bike is no longer under warranty, and my dealership is booked solid out here...due to spring and summer season dirt bike prep's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-10-2007, 10:23 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via Yahoo to sscottab

since they just installed the clutch they are responcable for it and the work they did is still under warrenty, thake it back to them and if they tell you they are booked solid ask for the customer service number from honda and see what happens and if they still give you problems call honda and complain, they will take care of you.

when you are on a honda you are on the best
2002 CBR954RR
scott
www.itriderz.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page