Question about a 954rr problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-11-2007, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Question about a 954rr problem

Have a problem I wanted to run by all of you. I just got an 03 954rr with about 7000 miles. It is very clean and runs great. I think I may have come across a problem but not sure. I took it out for the first time and rode for about 40 min. with no problem. I then picked up a passenger and rode for about 5-10 min. with no problem. Then I was moving along about 25-35 mph in 4th or 5th gear and I hit the throttle, It started to speed up and then it slipped for just an instant, barely noticeable, I then was able to make it happen a couple more times and figured that the clutch is wearing out. After that I rode with my passenger fora bout 40 min. with absolutely no slip at all, and I was trying to make it happen every now and then. The bike sat for a couple hours and then we rode about 40 min. back home, again with no problem even though I was trying to make it happen. I was just wondering if anybody thinks that this is actually a problem and if it is, whether its the clutch or a gear problem and what kind of cost Id be looking at for repair.
Thanks for the advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2007, 6:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: Question about a 954rr problem

if it ain't broke - don't fix it!
post #3 of 4 Old 03-19-2007, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana954 View Post
Have a problem I wanted to run by all of you. I just got an 03 954rr with about 7000 miles. It is very clean and runs great. I think I may have come across a problem but not sure. I took it out for the first time and rode for about 40 min. with no problem. I then picked up a passenger and rode for about 5-10 min. with no problem. Then I was moving along about 25-35 mph in 4th or 5th gear and I hit the throttle, It started to speed up and then it slipped for just an instant, barely noticeable, I then was able to make it happen a couple more times and figured that the clutch is wearing out. After that I rode with my passenger fora bout 40 min. with absolutely no slip at all, and I was trying to make it happen every now and then. The bike sat for a couple hours and then we rode about 40 min. back home, again with no problem even though I was trying to make it happen. I was just wondering if anybody thinks that this is actually a problem and if it is, whether its the clutch or a gear problem and what kind of cost Id be looking at for repair.
Thanks for the advice
I know what your saying. On my '03 it has a "dead" spot at about 2000 rpm that could be thought as slipping. I'm told that a PC3 will fix this but I dont feel the bike should be operated in that range very often anyway.
ITS A 954!!!ENJOY!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-19-2007, 4:27 PM

why in the world are you in 4th or 5th at those low speeds?!?!?!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page