2005 repsol with 4K miles just got tune up - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-11-2007, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

2005 repsol with 4K miles just got tune up

I bought this bike with 1800 miles and had the usual service done just to be inspected and all the fluids flushed and checked right after purchase, so far so great >>>> Recently I had the 4K service done and then rode the bike for almost 4 hours that same day, no problems.The very next day I rode and the bike shifted differently, previous to the 4K service the clutch lever was stiff and seem to instantly disengadge when actuated, but now the lever is easier to pull but I noticed when shifting down from 2nd to 1st thru neutral it loudly clicks???? If I down shift a little early and then engadge the clutch to use 1st gear to almost stop then it will even sometimes make several clicks before it goes into place and allowing me to use 1st gear to slow way down , no more than say 3500 or 3800 rpms.This did not ocurr before the service, I almost feel like the clutch is not disengadeging unless the lever is pulled all the way in? Is that normal I also noticed the gear box to be louder, I never noticed the click on the upshift before as well thanks in advance HP>>>>>>>>>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-12-2007, 12:48 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: 2005 repsol with 4K miles just got tune up

not sure exactly what they did with your 4k service interval.But maybe they used a different type /weight of oil than what you previously had in it ? Or possiblty check the clutch adjustment at your top and bottom ,they could have forgotten to tight one of them up ,causing it to change as you rode.Would not surprise me after hearing some of the stories from guys on hear about the dealer not doing **** correctly ,or tightening things up all the way,when they were done with the maintenance .Go check your oil level and both clutch adjustments .I think the majority of us here would rather do all that stuff ourselves ,i know i would.My friend brought his zx10 in for a valve adjustemt and said it ran worse (or was noisier ) than before he brought it in.Do the stuff yourself ,asave yourself some money and know it's done right !
post #3 of 11 Old 03-12-2007, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, will do I would like to ask if the click you hear from the bearbox when you change gear posistions is normal, I guess the actuation just sems soft to me now? The fluid looks good in the resevoir between the lines, but I just tried squeezing the clutch wiht the bike off and now I can hear the light clink both in and out squeezing the clucth in and then back out.The slight clink occurrs at the same place of movement from the handle but I do not think the lever had to be squeezed almost 3/4 th's of the way in before it actuated, oh the 4K was oil change and radiator flush, chain adjustment, brake bleeding, they tested all the electronics, and gave me a lengthy print out from the million dollar computer with the fuel / air/ rpm's/ intake / compression tests etc>>>>>> Thanks again HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-12-2007, 2:34 AM

hey if it's just 'clicking' ,your doing good. My 929 clunks when i drop it in first,but that's fairly normal for these bikes. Check the adjustments,and proper oil level,i'd also check to be sure they tightened the filter and drain bolt so there's no leaks ,better safe than sorry .
post #5 of 11 Old 03-12-2007, 1:50 PM Thread Starter

I have done my own work on other bikes, but this is the first bike I have owned this new.I was afraid to cause my self any more problems.Thanks again HP>>>>>
post #6 of 11 Old 03-12-2007, 1:58 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to ask what wieght oil do you run? What outside air temps do you have there? Do you think maybye the dealer used 10w 40 the reccomended and maybye the previous owner had 20w 50 making the wet clutch less noisy and able to actuate quicker? Thanks in advance HP>>>>
post #7 of 11 Old 03-12-2007, 2:44 PM

I live in Cleawater also, . Currently running Castrol R4 (5w 40 ) ,but am switching to Amsoil 20w50 at next change . As far as what the dealer put in it, they should have put info that onto your work order receipt ? It certainly won't hurt your bike running the 10w40,which is probably the most common weight of oil people run . You know how hot it get's here in FL ,so i just chose the heavier weight for my next change ,will it make a difference ? Who knows really
post #8 of 11 Old 03-12-2007, 2:55 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
If I down shift a little early and then engadge the clutch to use 1st gear to almost stop then it will even sometimes make several clicks before it goes into place and allowing me to use 1st gear to slow way down , no more than say 3500 or 3800 rpms.This did not ocurr before the service
A couple of the posts make me think that people missed this part of the original question. Not trying to knock anybody just trying to get this guy the right answer. My bike definitely makes a pretty big clunk when going 2 to 1 but it shouldn't be clicking multiple time and not engaging. I would definitely think the adjustment of the clutch is where I would start on this. I've messed with a lot of clutches but I haven't messed with many motorcycle clutches so I can't say for sure, but grinding away while trying to get first gear to engage can't be good.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-13-2007, 1:44 AM Thread Starter

Alright thanks that was what I was looking for, it has only happened a couple of times but it had never happened previous to the 4k service.I guess maybye I will switch oil and see if that helps. What kind of an adjustment can you make to a hydrolic clutch?
post #10 of 11 Old 03-13-2007, 7:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Punebikerboy

Thanks for the info, I am having same clicking (not multiple though) with my 600RR
post #11 of 11 Old 04-14-2019, 8:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage

Have some body help and make sure the bleed screw is tight and make sure they didn't leave some air in your clutch system.

This is my motorcycle there others like it, but this one is mine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page