Near Death Experience on the XX - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 1:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Near Death Experience on the XX

Sunday,
I was going down the backside of Hwy 9 with a friends wife, and LTLs--soon -to be-wife, a little hottie named Summer of all things.

Yes, I was exceeding the speed limit, none-the-less some asswipe in a big Ford 4WD truck was passing over double yellows in the blind corner I was going thru--closing speed probably about 130MPH--there was nowhere to go--except dive for the edge of the road--fortunately I made it without going to far into the dirt and losing it--what a f$#@ckin asswipe.

Later I chased them down, some dude 30ish, his wife, and 5yr old daughter. He vehemetly denied it and as I was only 99.9% certain that this was the guy--he left unscathed---anyway makes you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 1:36 PM

I don't blame you for being over the speed limit (hey, we all do it, right?) or for being mad at the guy... and I'm happy to hear you reacted quickly and saved yourself. But I don't think chasing the dude down was the brightest thing to have done. You could have gotten hurt, and risked being observed and stopped by the police. That sort of conduct doesn't do much for our sport in the arena of public opinion either.

Think this guy is going to be more sensitive to bikers because of what you did?
post #3 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Trackho : Sunday,
I was going down the backside of Hwy 9 with a friends wife, and LTLs--soon -to be-wife, a little hottie named Summer of all things.

Yes, I was exceeding the speed limit, none-the-less some asswipe in a big Ford 4WD truck was passing over double yellows in the blind corner I was going thru--closing speed probably about 130MPH--there was nowhere to go--except dive for the edge of the road--fortunately I made it without going to far into the dirt and losing it--what a f$#@ckin asswipe.

Later I chased them down, some dude 30ish, his wife, and 5yr old daughter. He vehemetly denied it and as I was only 99.9% certain that this was the guy--he left unscathed---anyway makes you think
Damn dude, glad you're all right! This is why fast street riding just doesn't hold its appeal for me anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 1:40 PM

Quote:
luvtolean : This is why fast street riding just doesn't hold its appeal for me anymore.
Looks like you'd better buy a s-l-o-w cruiser for street duty then, Luv.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 1:42 PM

LOL, hey I didn't say I would be safer on a sportbike. Just that a sportbike is inherently more safe.

post #6 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 1:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Chain : I don't blame you for being over the speed limit (hey, we all do it, right?) or for being mad at the guy... and I'm happy to hear you reacted quickly and saved yourself. But I don't think chasing the dude down was the brightest thing to have done. You could have gotten hurt, and risked being observed and stopped by the police. That sort of conduct doesn't do much for our sport in the arena of public opinion either.

Think this guy is going to be more sensitive to bikers because of what you did?
Chain with all due respect---thinking you are gonna die--because some dude is doing something waaaaaaay f$#%cked -up----lets just say puts you in kind of a 'mood'. As I am friendly with the Local CHP, they would have most likely arrested him. If I would have target fixated on the guy and died--little would happen to him although it would be obvious that he was in error--my body would have more than likely killed his wife'daughter as it flew thru the windsheild.
If I would have gone off it the dirt/woods and died against a tree I would gurantee we would have bolted deinied all.

This road is very well traveled by bikes, especially on Sunday, this guy was well aware of that--
BTW--there was a turnout for passing 200ft away
post #7 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 1:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Chain : Quote (luvtolean @ May 19 2003, 12:38pm)This is why fast street riding just doesn't hold its appeal for me anymore.
This would have made little difference is this case, like LTL said, bad brakes and a slow manuvering bike would have been deadly
post #8 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Trackho : Chain with all due respect---thinking you are gonna die--because some dude is doing something waaaaaaay*f$#%cked-up---- lets just say puts you in kind of a 'mood'.
I hear you, just be careful.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Trackho : Quote (Chain @ May 19 2003, 12:40pm)Quote (luvtolean @ May 19 2003, 12:38pm)This is why fast street riding just doesn't hold its appeal for me anymore.
This would have made little difference is this case, like LTL said, bad brakes and a slow manuvering bike would have been deadly
I agree. I was just teasing him.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 2:42 PM

Experience like that would have soil my shorts. Glad you came away physically unscathed.
post #11 of 11 Old 05-19-2003, 4:36 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Glad you're ok man

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page