Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Do you really need the inner fenders/radiator shrouds?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Sime 
#1 ·
I have a 900rr streetfighter and want to put the full fairings back onto it, I don't have any of the radiator shrouds or the ones for the air ducts..is it necessary for engine cooling or anything or can I just put on the upper and fairing brackets?

#2 ·
You need them because the shrouds help to support the mid fairings. I would say that they are also responsible for engine cooling, and quite possibly also for aerodynamics. Can you imagine the air pressure at speed on the inside of your fairings if there weren't anything protecting them? Basically, the inside and outside fairings are designed to work together as a system.

And without the dash covers, you leave your fuse box and wiring open to the elements...not a good idea.

Besides, running a fully faired bike without these panels would look downright silly.

What year is your bike? I have a pair of 98-99 inner panels/radiator shrouds that I could sell you. They've been modified to fit flush mount turn signals.

PM me if interested.

Cheers,
Sime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.