Dealer 16K Service - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-30-2003, 1:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Re: Dealer 16K Service

So, I take my bike in for 16K service. Mind you my bike is running perfectly. But I wanted to get it tuned up for my track day, and personally I dont know how to adjust valves by myself. They call me yesturday and say bike is ready but...battery failed cap check. So I'm like go ahead and swap it, no problem. I left it overnight because I couldnt pick it up.
So I call today to make sure battery was in and I could pick it up. I get the ominous, 'hold on while our manager talks to you.' Im like WTF hes gotta talk to me bout a batt change. He gets on phone and says, 'service was done, but your bike runs like crap and there are 3 fault codes.' He says PC3 was removed and its not the problem. He says tech didnt mess with electrical system at all during service. And he says might be a sensor. Im thinking they fuked up and they not fessing up to it. I mean you have to remove throttle bodies to do valve adjustment right? I swear if its an injector Im not paying for that #### , I mean my bike was in great shape before they got their hands on it, Im so Any of you mechanics have advice?

Hi Yall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-30-2003, 1:26 PM

Reputation Power: 0

If it went in working fine, it's their problem. Calmly explain this to the manager. *If the manager starts busting your balls, don't raise your voice, just ask to speak to the owner. *

Their are plenty of 'advocates' for you in this case if the shop gets snooty, and the shop knows this.

As far as the problem, I'm not going to try to diagnose this at a distance. *It could be almost anything. *Start with the grounds, get the fault codes and start looking.

The TB's don't have to come off. But they are around a lot of electrical connectors and one could have been knocked off, partially undone...

post #3 of 8 Old 09-30-2003, 1:33 PM

My advice (although you now know it) - NEVER GET YOUR BIKE SERVICE BY A 'STEALER'! The Warranty is only as good as the mechanic working on the bike. Your valves did not need any adjusting at 16k (per all accounts previously reported and observed).

You can fight the battle with the store Owner - if you dont receive assistance via that method - take it to the Corporate level. Ask them if they actually adjusted the valves any - if they say yes, ask for the specifics.

Feel free to PM if you need any help, etc (since I am right up the road). Good luck with whatever path you take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-30-2003, 1:52 PM

Well, I think we read our one good dealer story thread this year (Canada) and now it's back to the normal dealer threads. I can't believe with these certified mechanics that they didn't already isolate/troubleshoot those fault codes and get a more clear picture of what's going on, you know, grab another tech or supervisor or lead tech and fix it already. Man oh man, hope all turns out good. I wonder if they'll give you grief on the PCIII or other aftermarket goodies.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-30-2003, 2:24 PM

Hey Duke,

Take your bike to Elite Performance next time off Gunn Hwy. Better prices and much better service. I was shittin' bricks knowing Powersports was going to have my bike overnight to do the steering stem update. They have decent tire prices too.

Good luck getting it fixed and don't settle for any less than 100%.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-30-2003, 2:50 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
luvtolean : '... *But they are around a lot of electrical connectors and one could have been knocked off, partially undone...'
Well Luvtolean, guess what they said it was 2 connectors that were loose, they had to clean them as to prevent future faults....
Anyway, Im gonna go pick up my bike and take CBR guys advice for next service.
Im sorry I was so but man I baby my bike and need it to be in good order for track day with the 600rr crew. I was worried as crap. Thanx all for advice. Now I can relax, I think I was starting to develop an ulcer with the way i was negative stessin'

Hi Yall
post #7 of 8 Old 09-30-2003, 2:59 PM
Ice

Glad your back up and running good
post #8 of 8 Old 09-30-2003, 3:09 PM

Cool, glad it was so easy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page