pgm-fi code 43??? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-29-2007, 8:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

pgm-fi code 43???

I have a 20066 cbr1000rr, I replaced the stock airfilter(k&n) and exhaust(sato slip-on). After changing 2 of 3 after market parts I started the bike to make sure each installation didn't cause any errors. The bike checked out okay when I replaced the airfilter. I removed the stock exhaust up to the flange connect behind the foot peg. I could not resist starting the bike before installing the after market pipe. Oh oh what a sweet sound it is, anyway in addition to the pipe being removed. The servo connect to the exhaust is completely removed as well. When starting 4 long blinks followed by 3 short. Can someone help me with this code? Could this error code becoming from the exhaust service I completely removed from the bike setup?My service manual will not be in until next week. Last I tried to install the power commander only to find out my fuel pump doesn't prime or start. Once I remove the power commander the bike starts without any problems. But the pgm-fi still flashes the error code and stays on when I put it into gear.Any ideas help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-29-2007, 4:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: pgm-fi code 43???

Im having the same issue on my 02 954 after I changed the oil and changed out my pipe the same thing happened when I started her up. I cant find anything on line to help find out the problem. If you find out something please let me know, and same if I find something out. Hope to hear from you soon.
later,
chris
post #3 of 4 Old 07-29-2007, 6:10 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Don't know about the 1000 but on the 929 error code 34 is the one for the exhaust valve.
Have you connected the earth lead on the PC?
I have an error light all the time since removing the servo valve.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-29-2007, 7:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

there is no 43 listed in my book, 34 is

Faulty EGCV and air intake valve servo motor potentiometer voltage; Engine operates normally.

When you removed the exhaust servo did you remove the motor as well as the cables and valve? I think you need to have the servo motor in place to fool the Fi into thinking all is normal...........

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page