High RPM Stutter?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-30-2007, 4:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

High RPM Stutter??

Hi Guys!

First post - hoping someone might be able to give me a hand.

I have a 2005 CBR1000RR with just about 20,000 miles on it. I picked it up April 21st last year so the warranty is expired.

I've done quite a few modifications to it like BMC filters, intake, rearsets, crg's, ss lines PCIII, gearing, speedohealer etc..etc..but I really haven't touched the engine at all.

It ran great until the warranty expired (naturally) but now I'm getting hesitations (stuttering) at high rpms and only in 2nd gear??????

It started about 3 weeks ago on my way out to the track. I cranked on it in first gear hard and it skipped a beat, it only did it once. Eventually, it happened a couple more times. Now it doesn't do it at all in 1st gear no matter how hard I crank on it but, shift in to second and around 10k and up it does this stuttering thing, shift in to third and it's fine???? If I bog it down and roll on the throttle it starts skipping at around 7k???

It feels like either the fuel supply is momentarily cut off or the ignition is cutting out - it revs up, rpms stop climbing for a second, rpms rise maybe 1K, repeat. And only in second gear......

So far I've removed the Speedohealer and the PCIII, installed new spark plugs (even thought the ones in it only had about 3K miles), Ohmed out the ignition coils (about 13K Ohms from primary to secondary on each one) checked the wires and connectors to the ignition coils, checked the connectors to both upper and lower injectors, and checked every other wire or connector I could find....

This is driving me NUTZ!!! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-01-2007, 12:07 AM

Re: High RPM Stutter??

are you running race gas at the track? if so, and it's leaded fuel like sunoco, you may have a bad oxygen sensor....
post #3 of 4 Old 05-01-2007, 2:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast351 View Post
are you running race gas at the track? if so, and it's leaded fuel like sunoco, you may have a bad oxygen sensor....

Nope - no race gas...and no oxygen sensor. U.S models, with the exception of California I believe, run open loop - no oxygen sensor.

I heard that several R6 owners have had very similar problems that turned out to be a rounded second gear cog - thought it would feel different than it does but I'm pulling the tranny out of it tomorrow to check it out. I have to replace a bent shift fork anyway - my bad for shifting while doing wheelies

Thanks for the tip though!
z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-01-2007, 5:14 PM

oh, ok. thanks for the info. that's what i get for assuming.....my bike is carb'ed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page