charging ? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-30-2007, 2:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

If my stator dead and my battery has no juice left why does my bike keep running wouldn't it shut off because the stator not charging? Please don't flame I don't know anything about motorcycle charging system

Last edited by KevinRR; 04-30-2007 at 2:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-30-2007, 3:03 PM

Re: charging ?

A toasted stator has lots of burned windings of soft copper, but may have enough to put out something close to battery volts. Your battery is going to need at least 13 volts from all three phases to stay at 100% charge.

Don't worry, your stator will get worse. When the tach goes to zero and the instruments go blank, then you better start looking for a place to pull over.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-30-2007, 3:31 PM

exactly, one or two of your windings could be junk.This would cause the bike to still run after a jump start ,but would not be enough to put any meaningful charge to the battery .Mine would run after i threw the battery on the charger ,and would stay running until i shut it off, then nothing when i went to start it n ext time.Removed the stator to find 2 windings toasted.Switched it out with a new one,and it runs just fine......DennisKirk - Home page has the best deals i found,and 1 year warranty on stators from Electrosport brand they sell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-30-2007, 4:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys new stator on it way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page