help on PCIII on 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-05-2007, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

help on PCIII on 929

Hi, just installed the PCIII serial version on my 929 and after following the instal instructions i'm a little puzzled. I have not loaded any map yet.

With ignition OFF kept pressing the 3 buttons and then switched the ignition to ON (kill switch ON too). Heard the fuel pump sucking juice and then released the 3 buttons. There was a yellow led lit on the PC unit way on the bottom (lean)

Instructions say to select rpm range and press multiple times to increase mixture, or keep pressing to lean mixture. Since the led was lit on the leanest position i pressed LOW and start pressing it multiple times. nothing happened!

Did the same to the MED and HI positions, and still the led kept lit on the very same position (1st led out of 10)

then i twisted the throthle (engine off) and i could see the leds litting up as i twist the throttle.

weird thing: at full throthle, the led would stay at 7th postion. no matter what i did it never go higherthan that. Is it normal?

Does this means i'm only using 2/3 of the full bike potential?

Please advise!
Gus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 9:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: help on PCIII on 929

I would just load a suitable map into (or get custom map done) it rather than trying to set the whole thing on the little buttons. If you see how in depth the map is you'll appreiate this advice!!
post #3 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 4:24 PM Thread Starter

Ironically, when i was about to plug the my lptop into the PC, the laptop died...

No power at all, even connected with the power adaptor... nothing. I won't think much about it and buy a used one.

Anyway, i finally sorted the primary set up, afterall there was a way to mess up with low, med and hi rev's.

The final question remains unanswered, why when i twist the throtthle with ignition ON and engine off, the PC lights will only go up to 2/3 of the total scale? Is this normal???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 5:42 PM

Reputation Power: 14

That is your throttle position. If you go to the dynojet website there is a tutorial on how to adjust that.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 7:02 PM Thread Starter

Checked the website but couldn't find any info regarding the throttle position for the serial model of PCIII, only for USB.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page