Hello & undertail/ebay seller question - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-07-2007, 7:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hello & undertail/ebay seller question

What's up Fireblade riders! I'm new at this "forum-posting" stuff, so apologies in advance if I mess up on rules or etiquette...

I'm thinking of buying an undertail and hugger for my '00 929 from ebay seller "231973bikes". Here's the page I was looking at-

eBay Motors: HONDA CBR 929 RR UNDERTAIL WITH LED LIGHT NEW BLACK (item 130108054770 end time May-10-07 13:08:52 PDT)

Does anyone have any experience with or feedback on either the undertail or the seller? I noticed that the pictures illustrating the integrated turn signal lights aren't even from a 929. The other pics look right, though, and he does seem to be a big seller, with a 98.8% positive rating. I'm on a budget, so the low price is nice, but I don't want to buy a piece of #*@% either. I'm also open to other undertails, but I prefer the two round taillights, don't really like the hotbodies stock taillight look. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-09-2007, 5:46 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to 2k929
Re: Hello & undertail/ebay seller question

I mean with 98.8 it looks like a decent rating for having sold over 18k items.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-09-2007, 7:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to slorider18

he probably has a generic pic so it makes listing easier. the feedback never lies. you should be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-10-2007, 10:06 AM

Reputation Power: 15

I've discussed this before on the forum......DO NOT buy anything from 231973bikes or Pitek Color (they are one and the same company).

I bought an undertail from them and it was a major POS! The part was uneven, didn't fit correctly and was generally very shoddy! Paint was no match either....although it was packed very well! The best part about dealing with this business was getting my money back in full!

And I'm not the only one on here with a similar opinion.

Stay clear of this mob! Caveat emptor!
post #5 of 8 Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies y'all...

Yeah, I did a little more looking around, seems that a lot of people complained of thin, unevenly finished fiberglass that didn't fit well, and of dim, pink-not-red tail lights. A lot of really angry people. I don't know how this guy got so much positive feedback.

Now I'm thinking of trying to get a Eurobikes GP style undertail, but they don't sell them for the 929 on the Eurobikes website anymore, just the newer cbr's... One guy was selling his here on the forum, it woulda been perfect, but it's yellow. My baby is black. I could paint it myself, I guess, but I don't know how much of a pain that would be.

Any reviews of the Eurobikes undertail (how bright are the turn signal leds, is the brake light pink or red, fit problems, etc) or tips on where I could pick one up?

Thanks again y'all!
post #6 of 8 Old 05-12-2007, 11:34 AM

Hi, like a mug I bought one of these undertails, I made it fit ! It does look cool, BUT bloody signals are flashing twin speed. Any ideas ? (have tried resistors).

Just to add, when I got to work, I found number plate scrunched up in swingarm, and undertail dangling. all fixed now tho. Idicator problem was here before this incident. What a pile of *%@~, looks good tho.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-12-2007, 4:34 PM Thread Starter

Was it the 273931bikes/Pit-eck undertail, or the Eurobikes GP undertail?

About the flashing, I looked all over and found a bunch of products, but they all seem to be variations of the resistor thing, which you've already tried... Don't know what to tell you. What happened when you added the resistor, nothing? A google search for "taillight integrated flash too fast" every once in a while 'til something new comes up I guess. Some people say that the fast flashing is good, more visibility, but it would probably bug me too.

How did you keep the undertail from falling again? Was it just a matter of tightening everything down, or did you have to add/change something? I cringe when I imagine getting off my bike and seeing my new undertail all tweaked out, dangling...
post #8 of 8 Old 05-12-2007, 6:16 PM

It was the Pit-eck undertail, 2 circular rear lights(LEDS), tried searching the web like a scientist on heat !!

When I added the resistors nothing happened, so I added more in series and the dam thing just got dimmer. So maybe not enough load on the relay ??

After riding home from work with no number plate I thought gotta find a fix to keep it up there, so just drilled 2 holes straight through underside edges of seat cowl also through the undertail, added hex nuts & bolts 1 either side and hey presto, she's fixed. I was a bit dubious about just letting the undertail hang onto the edges of the seat cowl in the first place. (stupid method I know). But as we all agree, the moulds are a bit pants. Hopefully somebody else as nieve as me is reading this and can prevent the drop and number plate crush.

I have to fit standard signals again for now just to get the bike through it MOT. Speedy signals is a fail ! dag nam it !!

So not happy about all this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page