Factory pro shift kits - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-14-2007, 4:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Factory pro shift kits

Hi

Does anyone have experience with the factory pro shift kits, either the evo kit with the star or the pro kit with just the arm and spring?

I have a '95 900rr that has nothing actually wrong with the gearbox but I would like it to be a little more "positive" when shifting at low revs riding around town.

I'm considering buying a shift kit from factory pro, but would like some advice on which kit to buy, the cheaper with just the detent arm and spring, or the more expensive that also has the detent star.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-14-2007, 9:25 PM

Re: Factory pro shift kits

I'd like to try the kit with the detent star myself. I have the other kit, but have not installed it yet. I'm lazy like that.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2007, 4:40 PM Thread Starter

I have now read everything I could find from the old posts concerning the shift kits and the comments have been almost 100% positive, so I have decided to order a shift kit.

The one thing left to decide is whether to get the evo kit or the pro kit. Is there any considerable difference between the two or should I just get the pro kit because it only costs half the price of the evo kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Ok, I just ordered the evo shift kit from factory. I will report the results here when I get the kit installed, shipping to Finland should take about a week.

By the way, does someone happen to know the size of the clutch center nut? If it's larger than 27mm, I have to get a new spanner for it.

Last edited by pajazo; 05-17-2007 at 2:37 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-18-2007, 2:36 PM

The clutch center nut should be smaller than 27mm.

Does the EVO kit come with the detent star? I would have sold you my kit but the gasket was stuck to the packaging and ripped it, plus i still want to use the spring in my bike, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Good luck with the bike
post #6 of 6 Old 05-26-2007, 8:57 AM Thread Starter

The clutch basket bolt of the sc28 is 30mm.

I installed the evo kit today. The install went mostly without problems. I just didn't remember to shift the bike to 6th before beginning the job. I found it easy to remove the clutch nut when I put a log between the spokes of the rear wheel so that it sticks to the rear forks and immobilizes the rear wheel.

The shift kit works very well. It doesn't remove the "bang" when shifting to first at standstill, but it rather changes the ba-dang to a single bang.
The biggest effect of the shift kit was that the gears now do engage faster and more reliably.
The shift kit actually makes it fun to shift the gears. I think it was quite expensive, but as someone already has said, I wouldn't take it out if someone paid me $500 to do it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page