Moriwaki pistons, Race gas? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-15-2007, 6:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Moriwaki pistons, Race gas?

Hi,
new poster here, hope you don't hold it aginast me (I spend most of my time on the off road sites)
I've got 35K on my 99 VTR and the infamous CCT let go. (I didn't know it was infamous until I had to trailer the bike home last week!)
I'm tearing it all down and thinking about finally putting my Moriwkai pistons in. The guy I bought it from was considering making the VTR his track bike, but got sidetracked by the 10 other bikes he had in his garage. Anyhow, here I am 25K later and since I'm doing a full teardown I thought I may as well do it.
At 11.4 compression ratio and stage 1 HRC cams, am I going to have to run race gas in this thing??
I can't find a damn thing on the net about these. Big Valley Honda (the original piston dealer) lost the guy that used to know about this stuff.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM

Re: Moriwaki pistons, Race gas?

no, I ran 13.5 compression in one of my GSXR's on premium with no problems. The bike has to be in good tune for what you have in it though. Don't expect to just throw the pistons, cams in it and it's going to run like a raped ape.

Last edited by 1sterion; 05-17-2007 at 12:06 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-16-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Re: Moriwaki pistons, Race gas?

thanks for the feedback. We're going to dyno tune it once I'm done with the top ends.

Both of my dirt bikes run similar comp ratios, no problems with them either, I just wanted a sanity check.

Thanks for the input.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page