954 wont fire - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-16-2007, 3:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 wont fire

a while ago my bike looped, wheelie gone bad and it slid to hit a beam on the street. it took a decent hit on the gaz tank damaging the throtle. after major repairs the bike is not firing, everything seems to be allright but no spark. i think it s the ecu. anyways the diagnostic is giving me faulty injector and ignition pulse generator. i dont know what that means. my question is, a faulty injector can prevent the bike from firing? anyways i bought 2 ecu s from ebay but i still think their bad too, i have no way of knowing as i m the only one that have an american 954 in all the country, the other 954 s have hiss so i cant try theire ecu s. the thing i need to know is the injectors or a bad fuel pump prevent the bike from firing? and if it is so, if i overloop the fuel pump if it s bad could the bike fire up. is their any way to test the ecu s i have with me without a running bike? plz i need u r expertise i m really deaprate, i craving to ride thius summer u should know what i m talkig about.
thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-16-2007, 3:17 PM

Re: 954 wont fire

Ouch

Why not take apart the plastics, remove the tank and remove the motor to check/make sure everythings ok? You might find hidden damage underneath all that stuff. It may sound like a weekend project but it should be well worth it.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-16-2007, 3:32 PM Thread Starter

dear friend, the bike was took appart of course i ve working for 6 month with a mecanic, and then when i thought it s electrical with an electromecanical guy, we have the factory manual, so we re checking everything by the book step by step, but as i told u i suspect the ecu, i bought 2 of them on after the other, i can tknow if theire good, now the only solution seems to buy a new one but i need a tank 700$, cause mine is welded, and an ecu 690$, clutch cover 128, i m going to pay abundle, i m trying to use u r advice as a last resort because honestly i cant afford new parts not all of them at least, the fuel pump is for 369$, u see what i mean, so please if u have any ideas.
i m begging the guys on ebay the reccord the testing of the ecu testing before they ship it to me just to make shure that it s good, no one is being responsive, some of them even replyed that they bought it and selling without testing, u see what i mean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-16-2007, 3:53 PM

Before you junk the ECUs try testing it on another 954. It can be the ecu but 2 bad ecus? Did the sellers have bad feedback or something? Maybe the engine is damaged internally? Tough call..., good luck either way. Hope its up and running soon
post #5 of 6 Old 05-16-2007, 3:58 PM Thread Starter

told u man i have the only american 954 in my country, the others have hiss, different ecu, cant test, not an option. i m even considering shipping the ecu s to the state to test them there, before buying a new one but the new one needs a month to arrive so i m going to miss the summer
post #6 of 6 Old 05-16-2007, 7:55 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

What fault codes are you getting? If you have the factory service manual, it will tell you how to test for each fault and determine if it needs to be replaced. It will also tell you how to determine if the ECM is bad.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page