Track Days - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-16-2007, 9:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

Track Days

I have never participated in a "track days" session, but would like some comments from those members who have, on the following:

-what bike preparation is routinely done eg. taping up glass, water wetter in place of glycol etc.

- if you track day a fireblade, wringing its neck for hours on end, is it in a suitable condition after for riding home and then the weekly commute

- what after track day repairs or upgrading is normally needed

I've only street ridden my '01 929, since owning it for all of one year, but the idea of finding my limit in the controlled environment of a track is interesting.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-16-2007, 9:14 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: Track Days

- Bike prep is somewhat dependent on the organization running the event. Check with the organizer for their requirements...they all vary.

- Some people do ride to a track day, but it's not a good idea (you'll be tired at the end of day, something could happen to the bike, etc.). Fireblades are very versatile...comfortable on the street yet fun and fast on the track.

- Nothing needs to be done after a track day, but changing the oil can't hurt. The single best upgrade you can make for the track or the street is the suspension. It'll be money well spent.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #3 of 5 Old 05-16-2007, 11:37 PM

Reputation Power: 0

on everything in the above statement. Definately trailer the bike up to the track day bec in the event something bad happens you need a ride home and again YOU WILL BE TIRED AND SORE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-17-2007, 2:52 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I disconnect my headlights and cover with color matching vinyl. Tail/brake light disconnected. Removed license plate.
Safety wired my oil fill and drain, yanked the mirrors.
Prep only takes me about 20 minutes now, + load time on pickup.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-17-2007, 9:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Garage

I do all of what cbr1000 says and remove indicators too as there is only 1 nut holding each on. mirrors can be removed with one Allen bolt, but what it when you do as there are 4 washers to loose. have a box to but bits in!

If the circuit has noise limits consider whether to put stock end can back on, or whether any after-market can will pass the noise test.

You'll need a tyre gauge and drop the pressures for track use, prob as low as 28f 32r (cold) but the is very subjective. You will need a pump to put them back to normal for the ride home! If you can find a suspension man there it will be worth having it set up right - this and tyres will make a huge difference to your day imo

Depending on how close the bike is to its next oil change I'd consider doing a change before or after depending.

You will be tired after the day so best not to ride the bike, but saying that I've done it loads of time when the tracks within 100 miles of home.

Lastly, don’t look at the speedo, concentrate on your riding its not about how fast you go, and have lots and lots of fun!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page