Bleeding air in cooling system - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2007, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Bleeding air in cooling system

sorry but this is my 2nd post about the same issue.

i am pretty sure i drained and flushed the cooling system properly. but the air bleeding procedure does not seem to be working. the service manual and several people say to let the bike run and blip the throttle a few times to bleed out the air and then shut the bike off and refill.

i am not getting the full 3.9qts into the system though. is there a better way to bleed the air out?

i am to the point now where i am going to take apart the entire cooling system and make sure there isn't a friggin drop of coolant in any component before i refill it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2007, 1:13 PM

Re: Bleeding air in cooling system

<sarcasm> Are you sure that you completely drained you block? Did you dismantle your entire coolant piping system as well as start with a fresh never been filled engine block to ensure that there is zero coolant left in your system? <sarcasm>

Seriously, burb it by blipping the throttle and then letting it cool down over night. Refill and then drive her around the neighborhood.

Repeat as many times as necessary until she stops taking coolant.

You will know that you have all the air out when she stops taking coolant after a cool down.

Getting every last drop of old coolant out is not important unless you are going to a non-aqueous coolant such as Evans.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-22-2007, 1:25 PM Thread Starter

haha, i didn't plan on replacing the block....yet.

the guys at Arizona Honda said they bleed out the air by filling, running the engine up to about 170 with the cap on and then remove the cap with a glove and let it out that way.

it's driving me nuts. i am going to drain the system and measure how much comes out. (this way i will know if i am crazy) then i am going to sit there unitl 4 quarts go in...damn it!!!!

haha, thanks for the help and no i'm putting in Pro Honda HP coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-22-2007, 2:12 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

I wouldn't worry about getting the full 3.9 qts. into the system. It's just like when replacing the oil, you never refill it with the exact amount stated in the manual.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page