Good progress - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-10-2007, 1:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Good progress

Well I managed to make some good progress this weekend after last weeks setbacks.

Got my new SSSA setup, stripped out the other one, cleaned and fitted the new one. I use the C & S that came with the SSSA, for setup purposes. I have new sprockets on the way from Talon for the finished article.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1040/...a2969cb0_o.jpg

I think I routed the brake cable right but need to check it once I have a tyre on the rim.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1179/...0fd4bc18_o.jpg

The today I spent getting a good few coats of primer on my fairings.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1367/...3ac284a1_o.jpg

Only jobs left are the top coats, wheels and sub frame to be bead blasted, wheels painted then refit and that about it.

Its been a long old job and i'll be glad to be finished lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-10-2007, 10:28 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Re: Good progress

Looking good!

The brake line routing is fine mate. I actually concealed mine within the swingarm. Are you going to refit the OEM chain guard? That has cable guides to keep the brake line away from the tyre.

Me likey the Ohlins. What did that sting you?

And what colour are you going to paint her? Are you using 2-pack paint?

Cheers,
Sime
post #3 of 6 Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to 2k929

Looks good. I bought my 929 wrecked and rebuilt it over the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-11-2007, 4:27 AM Thread Starter

Cheers ears...

Yeah I pondered the route, I like the idea of it being hidden, but i'm not too happy about drilling a hole in the swinger... I'll have to see, I will be getting a hugger for it so i'll see how I can hide it behind that.

The ohlins is a beaut! I paid about £200 2nd hand of ebay and used it as was for a while. Then during the rebuild process I noticed the seal seemed to be weeping a bit so I put it into Harris for a service. £130 for a full strip down and rebuild with new seals and oil. Looked almost like a new shock when it come back.

I have been fighting with myself over the color as long as I have been rebuilding it. I have 2 full sets of decals to choose from lol... My final choice was to try to copy this...

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2...7871_35075.jpg

But I think I am going to hold out on the full paint job until after my trip at the end of July, last year the 1 week trip completely ruined my original Urban Tiger colors, so I think I am just going to paint the whole thing dark gun metal gray / black with orange wheels (the correct orange for the Repsol bikes) the finish off the job when I get back from my trip.

Last edited by DarkStarCBR; 06-11-2007 at 4:45 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-12-2007, 4:55 AM

Reputation Power: 15

I like the Repsol colours, but they are just too common now (sorry guys, no insults intended). It's JMHO, but I'd be inclined to go for something a little more unique. Have you seen the 'HM Plant' orange and black MotoGP scheme? That looks awesome!
post #6 of 6 Old 06-12-2007, 5:03 AM Thread Starter

Yeah that was actually my first choice but I started to think it looked too bland, just a black bike with stickers on it. Then I saw the 07 Moto GP Repsol bikes and fell in love... It looks different (to me) to the Honda factory Repsol schemes they are rolling out.
Ooooooooh I dunno, i'm still torn! I'd love to payup for a Dream machine original but no way can I afford it. I'll just have to use my very limited painting skills to do the best I can.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page