954 rattle - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-18-2007, 9:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to Type Gendy
954 rattle

Ok, i know you guys have this too, hopefully somebody knows what it is. I had this weird rattle noise on both of my 954s at certain rpm / load ranges around 5-6k coming from the windshield/ headlight area. Never could really pinpoint what is making the noise. I have talked to other 954 owners who had the same problem. On my 03 it was partially my fender after removing the blinkers, but it was still there after puttin in rubber spackers. My '02 has it just as bad if not worse. It kills me cause its right where i usually like to ride in the rpm range.

ANY IDEAS??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-19-2007, 4:14 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: 954 rattle

It's probably the windshield itself against the edge of the fairing - lots of people have the same problem. I put some 1/4" wide self-adhesive foam strip around the edge of the fairing on mine, and then put the screen back in. Worked for a while , but started rattling again after about 6 months. Try gently tightening the screen screws (but careful not overtighten becaue they are just plastic).
post #3 of 8 Old 08-20-2007, 4:27 PM

Reputation Power: 13

there is rattle on my bike aswell around 5k rpm i tried to follow and it seems like its coming from under the gas tank. 02 954rr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-21-2007, 3:52 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to Type Gendy

NOt sure about the wind screen but i'll check it out next time i'm on it...

anybody else?
post #5 of 8 Old 08-21-2007, 5:45 PM

There is a number of cables in there and also you have the inside fairings that can push things around a bit when you take the sides off. Pull the front end off after removing the side fairings. Organize your wires, make sure they are going to the correct spots, make sure the gauges are mounted correctly, then put it all back together, and make sure every screw is in, and tight.

I bet if you do that your rattle will dissapear or you will figure it out, right quick.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-21-2007, 9:06 PM

I'd check the CCT (cam chain tensioner) because its at around 5000 RPM that they usually rattle

Also I have a rattling front fender from a previous whoopsie

You dont happen to rides with a bunch of key at the headsotck either by any chance?
post #7 of 8 Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kenny View Post
I'd check the CCT (cam chain tensioner) because its at around 5000 RPM that they usually rattle

Also I have a rattling front fender from a previous whoopsie

You dont happen to rides with a bunch of key at the headsotck either by any chance?
I thought the same thing a few months ago since my bike is over 20k miles now. I went out and bought a Manual CCT to get that installed. I also bought a new upper fairing stay so I had to pull the whole front end apart to be able to get that accomplished. After I put everything back together the rattle was gone.

BUt yea the HTEV, CCT, chain, loose cable, keys, helmet strap hitting you on the side of the head.... you will need to work to eliminate which one of those it is.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-31-2007, 10:52 AM

its ur front end where ur headlight it, the upper stay on the 954s suck, mine rattles around too, another thing is ur windscreen, see if its hitting ur res on the handbrake, thats another reason mine was rattling, easy fix for me was to buy a stunt stay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page